
This is a pic of my friend Angie. Although we never met in person, we had become very good email, IM & phone friends. When I 'met' Angie she was going through treatment for breast cancer. She lived with her son in Maryland, away from her family. We had already planned to meet in Chicago when she passed through on the Amtrak train to visit her family in Alabama. Angie beat the breast cancer and was going back to work and getting on with her life. Just a few short months later they discovered the cancer was back, this time in her liver. Angie's mom and sister came to MD to get her and bring her back to Alabama with them. I didn't hear much from Angie after that. She did tell me that the doctors were pretty sure the cancer had spread and gave her about 6 months. We talked on the phone a few times and I figured she was busy with her family. Angie had a new niece (in the pic) and a nephew that she just couldn't get enough of. I tried to call her twice about a month ago but I just got her voice mail. I really wish she would have answered the phone. The cancer spread to her back and lungs and Angie lost the fight last Saturday (Dec. 29th) at 12:50 PM. Her family says she was determined to make it through Christmas and was able to sit with the family that day. She did tell another friend that she wouldn't see 2008. She was right. :o( I miss you a lot already Angie. I hope you are in Heaven teaching all the angels to cross stitch. Hopefully you took some of that stitching stash with you. :o)
Goodbye my friend. I'll think of you everyday. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}
















































Thank you for your Angie post. She was a very sweet person indeed. I miss her very much.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your friend .. prayers for her family and for you .. it's soo hard losing a friend
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your post about Angie. She will be greatly missed by all whose lives she touched. She was such a sweet lady. I will miss her very much.
ReplyDeleteBetty in AZ (ILCS)
What a lovely honor for you to post about Angie. She seems liek a good friend and person. I too lost a friend a year ago, but to ALS. she was my best friend since 3rd grade (52 now) and I miss her every day and think of her very often. Healing hugs for you and prayers for Angie..I am so sorry for our loss...
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful tribute you've written for Angie. I lost a good friend a couple years ago to lung cancer, so I know the void it creates in our lives. They are truly missed but their memories live on through all those whose lives they touched. God Bless!
ReplyDeleteBarb in TX
{{{hugs}}}
ReplyDeleteYou did a heart felt tribute to your friend that brought tears to my eyes. I believe that she is in a much better place now and teaching everyone to stitch!
ReplyDelete