
I finished a book a few weeks ago that I wanted to recommend to anyone that loves (or at least likes) cats. I saw this book at the store but it's only available in hardcover right now so I went home and looked it up on our library site. The site is for a number of libraries that use the loan system. There were already 33 holds on it! I just checked and there are still 22 holds on 9 available copies. If you love cats you have to run, don't walk, to your library and reserve this book (or you could just buy it of course). Oh, maybe I should mention the name of the book, huh? Duh! It's Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World I cried towards the beginning of the book (when they find Dewey) and I bawled my eyes out near the end (even though I knew somewhat how it was going to end). There are some parts about the town itself and stuff but mostly it's about Dewey. Full name Dewey (after the Dewey Decimal System) Readmore Books. I laughed so hard in some parts because the author describes things Dewey does in such detail that if you have a cat, you know exactly what she is talking about. :o) I highly recommend this book. At the beginning I wasn't sure how much I would like it but I can say by the time I finished, I loved it. Please do yourself a favor and read this one!
Elaine
















































My DD wants this book. It looks really cute!
ReplyDeleteI just recently saw this book in Target and thumbed through the pictures. It looks wonderful and oh so sweet!
ReplyDeleteIt's a wonderful book! I read it the day it came out. Hey, I work at a book store so I had first dibs.
ReplyDeleteMy Aunt just bought me this book and gave it to me yesterday for my birthday. I can't wait to read it. I'm glad to hear it's a good read. How can it not be with such a precious face on the cover?
ReplyDeleteI am a major mush-ball so I know it would make me blubber but that doesn't mean I might not give it a read.
ReplyDeleteYou stopped by my blog and asked about the badd cross-stitch.. The design is from a Stoney Creek book called Fish and Fowl. There's a bass and a rainbow trout in there.
Hope you are okay. I haven't seen you post in a while and you usually have an update by now.
ReplyDeleteDebra in Indiana
My DD gave me this book for Christmas, but I haven't started reading it yet.
ReplyDeleteBarb in TX