Well, I thought maybe things were on their way to getting better. Aparently not. If you haven't read my previous post, read that one first to understand the extent of what has been going on.
On Monday Jerry and I headed to town to go to Walmart to pick up a few things. For the last few weeks my car has been acting kinda weird. When driving at slower speeds like in town it felt like we were on a kinda bumpy road. It got a little bit worse (even when going 55 mph now)so before we went to Walmart Jerry went to put air in the tires thinking maybe that was it. It still did it so we were thinking maybe the tire was unbalanced. I was a little more worried than Jerry and suggested maybe we should stop at the Kia dealer where we bought it just to have it checked out. He wasn't thrilled because he really doesn't like one of the ladies that works in the shop part. (She's rude and makes you feel unwelcome.) We stopped and she wasn't working, yeah! We told the guy it was acting weird and he went out to drive it. He only drove around the parking lot and then drove it into the garage. We were thinking "great! it must be bad". He said his guys were at lunch but he wanted to put it up and check to make sure it was nothing that was a safety concern. We went to the waiting room and watched tv for a bit. Then we realized the only thing we had to pay with was a credit card with about $80 available on it. Jerry went to tell the guy not to do anything withoug letting us know. Well, the guy was already done checking it. He said the back tire had a big bulge on the back side of it. We were lucky it hadn't blown out. He said he could see the cords from the inside of the tire. They would have to order a new one and he recommended not driving on it. Well we didn't want to get tires there anyway because they are a lot more sxpensive than where we usually go. So we drove to Farm & Fleet which was only a couple of blocks away. We called Louie to come pick us up so we could go home and activate a charge card that we didn't want to have to use. We had this card and planned to never have to use it. Ugh! The car was just about due for 2 new tires anyway so we had both of the older ones replaced. Again I have to look at the bright side, Jerry was planning a few nights before to take my car to work. Thank goodness he didn't. Can you imagine if that tire would have blown when he was going 70 mph on the interstate?? When I told some web friends about this Glenda said she was hoping my bad luck was over because bad things come in threes. Well this was the 4th thing so I guess we're on our second round of 3 bad things. :o(
THEN.....yesterday something crazy happened. No money this time but it could have cost me my life! I was standing by the back car door waiting for traffic to pass so I could get Emma out for school. We were parked on the street in front of the school along with a bunch of other people. I had the door open about 3 inches so I could tell Emma to take her seatbelt off and scoot over to my side of the car. I wanted to get her out quick between cars passing. Only those of you with 4 feet high snowed piled on the sides of their streets will understand why I had to get her out of the street side of the car instead of the curb side. You know how when cars are coming you kind of stay pressed up against the car with your back to the road? That's how I was. All of a sudden WHAM! Something hit my back and left shoulder. It was the mirror from a pick up truck! The guy was that close to me! He stopped and put his flashers on and came over to ask if everyone was all right. I said "I think so, but your mirror hit my shoulder." He said he knew. It felt like someone had hit me with a baseball bat. Neither of us had anything to write with so he gave me his truck registration paper. It was my choice not to call the police which now I know was the wrong thing to to. My back kept getting more sore as the day went on. Our insurance guy tried to call him and got an answering machine that was full so he couldn't leave a message. Hopefully I won't have to go to the Dr because our medical insurance will want his car insurance to pay them back. I didn't think about that either. All I was thinking was I need to get Emma to school (the bell had rang by this time) and thank God Emma wasn't out of the car yet! I'm really glad it was me and not a kid that got hit but now I think of all the things that could have happened. I'm lucky my foot wasn't a bit further back where the bumper or tire could have caught it. Amy mentioned that lucky my coat didn't get caught on his mirror or I could have been dragged. It could have been so much worse! Again, I have to look at the bright side. We averted yet another disaster! So that was the 2nd thing of our 2nd set of 3. I'm afraid to leave the house! Amy said she's staying away from me for a while. She's just glad we won't be on the plane with them to Disney World in a few months! Lol!
I'm thinking if this is karma...what did I do to deserva all this??? I've been good. :o)
We have been giving the cat her medicine for the last 4 days and she seems to be doing pretty good. We also had her on a weight reducing food and wondered if maybe that was causing her problem. We put her back on the regular. Now she has to be off the medicine for 2 days so we'll see how she does. If necessary, we still have some medicine and if that doesn't work, back to the vet she goes.
Well, time to get Emma moving for school. I think today we will squeeze between the snow bank and the car. I'll just park a bit further from the curb. I would rather the car get hit!
Hugs to everyone!
Elaine
Two finishes for October!
9 years ago
















































Holy cow, Elaine! You're right, this has NOT been a good year for you so far!!! If sending hugs does any good, rest assured there are a bunch of 'em coming your way!
ReplyDeleteKeep your chin up...it can only get better from here!!!
Hugs,
KP
Good thing you had the tires check. Maybe I should have mine checked because I’ve had the same thing going on for quite a while. Feels bumpy. Dang the mirror hit your shoulder?? Ouch! I’m glad it wasn’t worse than it was.
ReplyDeleteWow, Elaine, I'm sure you're ready to say "enough is enough." I sure hope you have reached the end of your difficult times and the rest of the year gets MUCH better.
ReplyDeleteMany Hugs,
Barb in TX
oh my gosh girl, I feel so bad for you. You have big {{hugs}}} from me.
ReplyDeleteGood grief!! Bless your heart!
ReplyDeleteWell, it's for sure your guardian angels and the dear Lord are looking after you! I hate to hear all this has happened to you guys...and what could have happened. Wow! I know getting hit in the shoulder had to hurt!
I am wishing for you and dh to have a very safe and no unplanned debt for the rest of the year!
Wow girl, you have had a some bad luck lately. Just know that it will pass and better times will come. We love ya!!!
ReplyDeleteCJ
My goodness, Elaine! When it rains it pours...it seems to be downpour, actually. Well, hopefully, it be shortlived like most real downpours. Hugs,
ReplyDeleteAw Elaine - not good times at the moment, and you don't deserve this. At least the tyre didn't blow out on you. Big hugs from the UK xxx Viv x
ReplyDeleteWow girl you do need to stay in and don't go anywhere. Hope you are feeling better and won't need to see a dr. But you probably should.
ReplyDeleteDebra in Indiana
OMG!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you weren't hurt more seriously! You have certainly been saddled with far more than your share lately :(
I am crossing my fingers that things start getting better...and FAST!!!