
Today is my baby's 23rd birthday! I can't believe it. Why is is that you can't wait to grow up and once you do the years just seem to fly past? My blog today is dedicated to Josh. Please join me in a trip down memory lane. As you will see, Josh was always the clown in our family. He was being funny even when he didn't know he was. I mean really, who sits around reading with flippers on their feet? :op
When Josh was born he was the grumpiest looking baby I had ever seen! The picture above is of Josh at 8 days old and he still doesn't look too happy. Surprisingly he was the mellowest one of my 3 kids.


Josh is the one being eaten by the loveseat. Since Amber is sitting there smiling I have to wonder whose idea that was. Hmmmm....Amber?

By this time we weren't even asking anymore because there never was a rational reason for the things Josh did.

Visiting the fire station with his preschool class. Since Emma asked and before anyone wonders, his coat is grey, not purple and the pink thing is a nametag. :op I didn't dress my little boy in pink & purple. :op

Got one!

Daddy & Josh. It's hard to live in Green Bay Packer land with Dallas Cowboy fans!

For the next few pics, I have no explaination....



This was I think in 2nd grade. The school called and said Josh had fallen backwards off one of the swings. His face slid down the chain link fence! Ouch! I said I would come and get him but she said he wanted to stay at school if that was ok with me. I talked to Josh and he said he was fine and wanted to stay. I didn't expect to see this when he came home later!

Josh was always, always reading comic books. Now it's anime.

Playing the part of Joseph in the church pagent on Christmas Eve. I'll never forget that my son was the one to get to the alter with Mary, Baby Jesus, the angels and the 3 wise men and kicked over (and spilled!) the Frankincense or Myrrh. Lol! Guess it was way too serious for Josh. :o)

This was New Year's Eve 1999. We tried to think of something great to do to welcome in the year 2000 but ended up at home anyway. :op It was fun though. :o)

Some recent Christmas, not sure exactly what year.

This was during a trip to Chicago. We were walking from the train station to Michigan Ave. to do some shopping. This stoplight was really low, I think because there was a low train track bridge. Of course Josh had to see if his head would fit! Who knew these things were this big close up??

A couple of Josh's senior pics taken the summer before graduation. He was big into Pokemon and video games (still is into video games) He received an Acedemic letter in high school. :o)


High School Graduation June 2005

Blackhawk Technical College Graduation May 2007

This picture was taken a few days ago at his grandma's house. This is pretty much how you see Josh these days. :o)
I think you've had a wonderful life so far Josh and I hope you do too! Have a wonderful birthday!
{{{Hugs}}}
















































What a sweet sweet tribute!! A very happy birthday to Josh!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful walk down your memory lane - very enjoyable - hope Josh had a fantastic BD!
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely photographs and memories, many happy returns to your son and sorry I missed your daughters birthday send my wishes to her too. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Josh!!!!! May you have many more funny moments in your life.
ReplyDeleteBetty in AZ (ILCS)
Hope Josh had a great birthday. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the fun and special memories with us! You did a really great job putting this together, Elaine!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Josh!!!
Debbie/CSE
Happy Belated Bday to your DS. Thanks for sharing all the pics of his life. They were great. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, that was just wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteLoved walking down memory lane! thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteand happy belated birthday Josh .. seems to be a lot of birthday's out there :)