Wow, it has been almost a month since I updated here! I can't believe how fast time seems to be going lately. I think each year goes faster than the last. I must be getting old. :) It's almost Halloween! Then Thanksgiving and Christmas follow so quickly. Christmas this year will be pretty lean here. On top of all the other things that have happened this year with pay cuts etc, Jerry's boss decided he needs to be at work at 3:00pm now instead of 5:00pm. That means he can't do crossing guard in the afternoons so that pay is cut in half again. :( I really can't believe how one thing on top of another keeps happening this year. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of 2010. Hopefully things will be better. It started on New Year's Eve and hasn't stopped yet. (if interested you can go back and read blog posts since then)
Along with the bad comes the good. I need to focus more on that so I don't get too down. We have had several miracle like events in the family this year too. One was with my mother-in-law's health. The other is with my baby niece, Mercy. If you have been reading my blog you know she had a rough start. Mercy finally came home on October 11th. She was 3 weeks old.

She had to have a tube inserted in her stomach for feedings and seizure medicine.

Mercy is up to just over 11 pounds now and her mom says the doctors can't believe she is the same baby that was in the NICU. She still has a ways to go but she is starting to suck (not quite well enough for feedings yet),lifting her head and beginning to focus her eyes (before she just scanned her surroundings) She also passed her hearing test. Please continue to pray that she will make a wonderful recovery. :)I have been doing a bit of stitching lately. Not as much as I would like. I was in a slump for a while but I think I have my mojo back now. :) Those of you that stitch probably know what I'm talking about. These were stitched in September. I didn't have the suggested flosses or buttons so I used the floss I had, some Halloween buttons and made the blue moon from clay.
On September 12th Jerry and I went to a Wisconsin Badger football game. This was my first college sporting event. Our seats were 40 rows up but it was a perfect day and we had a lot of fun. The Badgers beat Fresno State 34-31.
On October 3rd we went to Amber & Nate's house for a cookout on their new deck. Nate wasn't there because it was his friend's bachelor party day. Unfortunately it rained all day. :( We still had a cookout, but we'll have to wait till next spring to actually sit on the deck and eat. :p Amy, Louie & Little Louie were also there. Here are a few pics from that day.
Amber's Deck
Amy, Amber, Jerry & Louie
Josh, Little Louie & Maddie
Grillmaster Jerry, even in the rain :)
Little Louie & Maddie (we were watching the Badger game that day too. They beat Minnesota 31-28)
Since we couldn't go outside, we headed to the basement and the guys played pool.
On October 11th we made what has become an annual trip to Skelly's Farm market. This place has the most delicious homemade donuts! They make them there and when you get them they're still warm...yum! This time of year they have pumpkin and apple cider donuts. Add a cup of hot cider and I'm a happy girl. :) We didn't have time this year for the hay ride or the corn mazes (which are really cool!) because Little Louie had cub scouts later that day. Here are a few pics from that day.
Jerry & Little Louie
Little Louie
Amy, Louie & Louie
After the pumpkin farm we headed to an apple orchard and came home with a 22 pound bag of apples! I made an apple desert, applesauce in the crock pot and Emma and Louie made caramel apples. This was our first try making them. I thought it would be fun to have the 2 little kids come over and have a go at it. They had a lot of fun. :)
Hang in there, you're almost to the end! :) On October 18 we went to Devil's Lake State park.
Jerry and me
Little Louie
Amy, Louie & Little Louie
My car on the ferry
The sun setting on the Wisconsin River
Ok, I think that's it! If you hung in here to the end, thank you. :) It took me a few hours to get this post done so I hope someone reads it all. :p You can see why I haven't had much time for posting. We've had a very busy fall. It's my favorite time of the year so I like to get out and do things. I do post things a lot on Facebook, but that usually only takes a few minutes at a time. I know there are a lot of people that read my blog that aren't on Facebook. Thanks so much for reading and remember, comments are always appreciated. That way I know you're reading. :) I need to catch up on blog reading too!
This Friday Amy and Amber and possibly my niece Emily will be coming over for a night of pizza and watching 'Sleepy Hollow' with Johnny Depp. It's a girls night so I guess Josh gets banned to his room. Like he ever comes out anyway. :)
{{{{Hugs}}}} Elaine
















































Wow - lots of great pictures of family, fun, and stitching! Glad little Mercy is improving. :)
ReplyDeleteso happy about baby Mercy! I see her & think of my triplet grandsons. Aren't the NICU's great?!!?!
ReplyDeleteLove the state park pictures. We love ours here in IN too!!!!
Keep up the great work & when you get down, look at all the wonderful things you posted in this entry!
I loved reading of your adventures. Wow, definitely a busy time...beautiful pictures and beautiful scenery. Thank you for sharing them.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad baby Mercy has made it home and will continue to keep her and the whole family in my prayers.
Your stitched items are fantastic
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is great news about baby Mercy and I love your LK finishes!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you've up-dated your blog Elaine, I love looking at all your photographs and reading all your news. You sure have been busy.
ReplyDeleteDelighted to hear baby Mercy is doing well, will keep her and the family in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs!
I used to live in Wisconsin and we loved going to Devil's Lake. Your pictures brought back a whole lot of great memories. Even the car ferry. How cool!!! Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
ReplyDeleteWow you have been busy! I'm so happy to hear Mercy is home- what a blessing.. will continue to pray for her. :)
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy! I love the scenic pictures. They took my breath away by their beauty. The stitching looks great, as always. So happy to hear Mercy is doing so much better and is now home where she belongs.
ReplyDeleteCrikey, lady, you've been there and done that! What a lot of wonderful things! Lovely stitching and great that you used your stash. But the very best news of all is baby Mercy Rain, so very glad and big hugs to mum and dad and all her beautiful sisters!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos. I especially love the ones frm your hike up the mountain.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear that little Mercy is home and doing so well. I hope and pray that each day bring more improvement for her.
Wonderful news about Mercy, great stitching and finishing, and beautiful photos. Looks like everyone had a great time! I MUST be waiting for the 'skinny jeans' miracle - lol.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! I grew up in Wisconsin and now live in Minnesota. Enjoyed your stitching pictures too! So very glad that Mercy is doing better.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear Mercy is improving. Lots of nice pictures with your family and your stitching is lovely.
ReplyDeleteMarl
Oh what a beautiful blog.I loved reading your stories.I'm so glad to hear about Mercy improving.Well it was nice to hear from you.I will continue to pray for you all.
ReplyDeleteSo glad the baby is doing so much better!!! Love all your pictures and even though it has been a hard year for you, looks like you have had a lot of fun and love this year.
ReplyDeleteBoy! Where to begin? You have been busy :)
ReplyDeleteI love the Halloween RR. Your finishes turned out beautifully. Nice job on the hike.
Take care.