Followers

Monday, March 8, 2010

It's been 4 months since I posted???


My kids Josh, Amber & Amy (in the green shirts) and Amber's hubby Nate on Christmas Eve. (not sure who sent out the green shirt memos :)

Wow! I knew I really neglected my blog, but I didn't realize that it had been 4 months until I saw it under my blog link on another stitcher's blog!
I have had several people ask me when I was going to update. And my friend Lainey in Scotland has been on me to get it done. :) Since I'm on Facebook now and do updates everyday, I forget about my blog. But I know there are several people not on FB that like to come here and read this. Sorry it's been so long guys!

I'm not even sure what to begin with. A lot has happened in 4 months! I'll stick to what I think everyone will be interested in. :) Since the east coast has been bombarded with snow the last few months I won't bother with details about our snow this year. Our first big storm was 13 inches! We've had a few big storms since then too but not much in between. But, I am ready for spring!

I have been doing some stitching. Not as much as I would like because my wrist starts hurting if I stitch for too long. It took me a while to get back into it. For a while I was just not interested. Then I got my mojo back and now usually have to make myself quit. Just as it should be :) I am doing a year long/monthly stitch-a-long with Lainey. We each have 6 months where we choose the chart. Then we both stitch the same chart using our own choice of fabric and flosses. Lainey chose the chart for January. Here is my completed piece: I chose the chart for Feburary. I left the right side off because I liked the look better. This is my piece:
I need to get busy on my March piece. I'm also doing a gameboard SAL on one of my Yahoo Groups. Most of us are stitching the Monopoly board. Some are doing checkers/chess boards. I've had the Monopoly chart for years and thought this was a good way to finally get it stitched up. Unfortunately I have been neglecting it while working on other pieces. I really need to work on it. :)
I stitched a Lizzie*Kate design up in a few days. I only had one of the required flosses so I just substituted some I liked. With the closest LNS over an hour away and no patience to wait for a delivery from an online shop, I do what I gotta do. :)Here is Love Pray Trust: I'm also working on another L*K design. This is one that I fell in love with as soon as I saw it. Unfortunately it only came as a kit and I couldn't afford it, so Kim loaned me her chart and I bought the fabric & floss. I LOVE how this is turning out!

In addition to stitching I did a little scrapbooking. Well, not scrapbooking but I made an album for my grandson Louie to put pictures in the next time he goes to Disney World. This is the first time I've tried making a 'squash book'. Here's the front cover: Back cover: and inside:

I have had quite a few people ask me for an update on baby Mercy. She is doing better than any of the doctors expected but still has setbacks. She is 5 months old (already!) and very seldom smiles. Mercy is still being tube fed because she hasn't been able to nurse. She goes for regular physical and speech therapy. She had been off most of her seizure medications but last week she had to be put back on one of them. She was having infantile seizures which are brain damaging. She also does have some problems focusing her eyes. We are all praying for her. She surprises everyone daily. :)

In January I went to my first hockey game. The local team is the Janesville Jets. We have gone and watched 2 of their games. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would and was a lot more interested in the Olympic hockey games because of it. :)

In January I also experienced my first Broadway show. Not on Broadway of course, but at the Overture Center in Madison. Jerry, Amber and I went to see 'Little House on the Prairie'. Melissa Gilbert, who played Laura in the tv series played the part of Ma. I loved it! Little House is my favorite tv show of all time. We found out that 'Wicked' will be playing there in Sept/Oct and I would really love to go to that one too. :)

I'll leave with a few more Christmas pics (out of a million!) These were my favorite gifts we gave this year. I think Amy & Louie and Amber & Nate all really liked them. They are printed on canvas stretched over a wood frame.


Well, I think that's all the important stuff. :) If not, I guess I'll tell you next time. Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment and let me know you were here. :)

Oh, almost forgot! That giveaway I announced on my last post? I WON the thread catcher from Kim!! I was so excited!! And Kim, I use it ALL the time. Thanks a bunch.:)

Hugs to everyone!

20 comments:

  1. OMG! OMG! OMG! WELCOME BACK SIS!!!!
    My nagging must have wore you down...LOL.
    Great stitching, lovely pics and I just love Louies scrapbook. Chat soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool, nice stitching....that scrapbook was adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, I was just thinking about you - or to be honest,Baby Mercy and here you are! No wonder you haven't blogged, you've been busy! Lots of lovely stuff! Hugs to the little pink person and lots of prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some update! Beautiful stitching. Baby Mercy is in my prayers.

    Berly

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much for the update!!!! I so appreciate your visits to MY BLOG, but never know how to contact you, other than on the group & I don't like to do it that way!!!!
    Love the idea that you & Lainey are dong! How cool!!!!!!! And how fun!!!!!!!!! Aren't blogging/stitching friends the best!?!?!?
    Thanks for the update!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update. I follow you on facebook but sometimes miss it in all the other junk. Wonderful pics and looks like you have had a pretty good 4 months. Your stitching is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your WIP's look great!!!!! Baby Mercy is adorable. Continued prayer for her.
    Betty in AZ (ILCS)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of stuff! Your stitching looks great. I'm working on the ABC Lessons also.

    Nice Christmas pics.

    How did you make that album. It's really neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! I can't believe how busy your 4 months have been! No wonder you haven't posted! Glad to hear baby Mercy is doing well. Love all the cross stitching, especially the Lizzie Kates! I might have to do the one for my friend who is a minister.

    Katy (ILCS)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stitching :) Glad you are back to the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to hear from you! I was thinking I hadn't read your blog in a while, now I know why! Mercy is so sweet, I will continue to keep her in my prayers. Your stitching looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice to see you posting. And it sure sounds like you ahve been busy. In a good way.

    Love the LK pieces. Lovely stitching on them.

    And glad that baby Mercy is improving. I hope and pray she continues.

    Don't be a stranger. And come back soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So good to hear from you. Love all your stitching. Did you ever get the cube it done? Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Lizie kate turned out cute...the floss choices are very pretty. That chart sure does stitch up fast. Let me know if I there are anymore charts you are looking for that I may have. I am getting ready to do "Always Kiss me Goodnight" by Glory Bee. Huggerz laurel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely stitching. Will keep Mercy in my prayers.

    Marl

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! You've been a busy little stitcher for sure! Glad to have you back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely stitching and pics! All look wonderful. Congrats on your first hockey game and broadway play - may you see many more! Sweet pic of Mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to see you back, Elaine. Thanks for the update on Baby Mercy. It's good to know she's doing better than expected, even if she's not 100% yet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to have you back. the stitching looks great & how wonderful that Mercy is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a catch up! You may not of been blogging, but you did the improtant thing... stitching!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)