Followers

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Two days in a row!!!


Ok, pick yourselves up off the floor now! This has to be a first for me. Not only two days in a row but this will probably be a record short post for me! I posted this on Facebook and Kim told me I had to post it to my blog now too. Actually she yelled at me to post it! ::sniff sniff:: Lol! I'll get trained sooner or later.

Finally got 'Home of a Needleworker' in a frame! This piece has special meaning to me. It was about 3/4 finished when I broke my wrist & had surgery on it. I sat there looking at this everyday for about 6 wks. It was slow going when I got back to it! It hurt terrible to move my wrist, but I was determined to finish it. Good therapy though. :) Jerry helped me frame it today. I hate framing stuff but I can't afford to have things professionally framed so.... It was a bugger to get straight in the frame! Every time we got one side straight, another was crooked or off center. :p But, here it is and it's on the wall. :)

{{{Hugs}}}

10 comments:

  1. Great finish...framing looks nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I posted on facebook but I will post it here too. Beautiful! I love the frame for this piece. It fits it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job on the framing and it looks very nice.

    Marl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine... Im so PROUD of you!

    <3 Mom

    Hehe No seriously, thanks for listening to me!! You deserve a great pat on the back!

    P.S. Sorry this is so late, had a serious game I had to watch for about 3 hrs there. GO PACK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great, congrats.
    Hope you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thinkit turned out beautifully. How lovely!!!!! I love the framing, also. Framing is so expensive, even with the 50% off, and you now have all that money to buy new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning finish, beautifully framed. Can I ask how you frame your pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I have this one in my stash too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Elaine, I love willow, it will be lovely done! You did a fantastic job both stitching and framing home of a stitcher. Sandy P.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a beautiful piece, it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)