It's been almost year since I blogged! I seem to remember posting one of the last times that I was going to be a better blogger. So much for that, huh? Well, I'm going to try again. This post will mainly focus on stitching. I'll try to update on family stuff within a few days. I'll try really hard...I promise!
Today I learned about IHSW-International Hermit & Stitch Weekend. Apparently this happens every 3rd weekend of the month. Well, I need anything that will motivate me to stitch. I seem to do everything but lately. You can find out about IHSW by clicking on the link
here or the button I added to the right. Now I plan to get some stitching done this weekend just because I have an excuse. :)
Another thing that is helping me stitch is joining
Stitcher's UFO Challenge. I have completed I think 2 UFOs. But now that I think about it I don't think I posted the second one on there. Better take care of that this weekend. I have so many UFOs it's beyond crazy! These are the UFOs I've finished and one in the works. The coffee pics are for my daughter Amy. I stitched the first one in 2005 and just now finished the set of 4! Insane, I know. And I have no excuse for it except I am a serial starter. Hence the reason for joining the UFO Challenge.
The L*K months I started as a Stitch-a-long with my friend Angie. I tried several times to pick it up to work on but it always made me sad. I lost my friend to breast cancer in December 2007. I finally decided that Angie would want me to finish it so I picked it up and didn't put it down until it was finished on Jan 13.
My Monopoly piece is one I enjoy working on but it becomes boring very quick. So it may take a while but it will get done. This is as of January 16.
Here are some other finishes I have had over the last several months. They weren't UFOs though. :)
October 2011-Some ornaments I made for my Halloween Tree
December 23, 2011-A freebie from Kooler Design Studio
Finished Jan, framed Feb 2011-Live the Life you Love from Hinzeit. This one was cool because you can also stitch it Love the Life you Live. It also has 2 color versions.
Feb 12- A LOVE freebie stitched with cheap varigated floss I have for scrpapbooking. :)
April 6-ornament from the 2003 Just Cross Stitch ornament issue
April 29- Air Force from Hinzeit. I stitched this twice. Once for us and once for some friends in Cincinnati. Jerry and Mike were in the air force together almost 30 years ago and we're still friends. This is the one I made for them. I have the mat & frame for ours but haven't even gotten the charms sewn on yet! Need to get to that!
Aug 26-This was a Round Robin that I was a fill in for. It belongs to
Katie. She sent it to me to stitch a square for someone that couldn't or didn't do their part. Not sure of the exact reason. I took way too long doing this one too and Katie was very patient! I stitched the Dalmation baby. The other picture is the completed RR. Isn't it adorable?
Oct 14-Vintage Halloween Owl by Hinzeit. Weird...I didn't realize until now how many Hineit designs I stitched this year! Lol I also have the Vintage Halloween Cat and Vintage Halloween Jack. They remind me of Halloween decorations my mom had when I was a kid. Especially the Cat and Jack. Hopefully those two will get stitched before Halloween 2012.
Oct -Always Be Yourself. I don't remember right now where this design is from. I'm pretty sure it's a freebie. I stitched it as an Angel Project square. Hopefully the recipient likes it.
March-This is a Flip Flop freebie design. I think it's from Janlynn. I stitched it for my daughter who is a flip flop nut. A friend saw it and asked if I could stitch it for her too because she is also crazy about flip flops. So I'm in the process of stitching it again and will finish them into something both at the same time.
So, that's where I am in the stitching area. I have probably done a few small things in between but if so, I don't remember. I got the papers in the mail to enter things in the county fair. I haven't entered anything in several years so I am really hoping to get back to that this summer.
Hopefully I will have a non-stitchy update within a week at the most. Now I think I'm going to do some stitching for IHSW.
Thanks for sharing part of my world. Comments are always appreciated. :)
{{{hugs}}}
About time you update haha. Love your stitching. Especially that RR for me of course haha. Thank you so very much for stitching on it for me. I look forward to you posting more.
ReplyDeleteYou've gotten a lot done in a year! Let's see some more posting, we like to keep up!
ReplyDeleteYou've done lots of beautiful stitching over the past year. My stitching has been very scarce by comparison. Look forward to see what you decide to enter in the county fair. I've often thought of doing that, but just never seem to get around to it.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Barb in TX
All your finishes look great!!!! Keep up the great work.
ReplyDeleteBetty in AZ (ILCS)
Love all your pieces! Great stitching!
ReplyDeleteDon't feel so bad about taking so long about updating your blog. My blog is in need of an update also. I love the finishes.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on all your finishes..lovely.
ReplyDeleteElaine, I just love everything you have stitched. Particularly, the owl. I just love owls and have that chart!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Sue, ILCS
Wonderful work! Love all the EMS baby's. Although, I could never stitch a SPIDER of any kind! Deb
ReplyDeleteWow! Awesome work!! It's great to see you blogging again! :)
ReplyDeleteLoads of great stitching! I love the coffee ones you made for your daughter! Happy Blogoversary!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are blogging. Your stitching is beautiful, all of it. I can't wait to see more.
ReplyDeleteI loved reading your post... your stitching is awesome and I'm glad you finished the LK and you and your friend started together.
ReplyDeletecould you give me the link for the bee chart ?
ReplyDeleteit is funny - I want to doo it for my husband who is a beekeeper
Anne-isis, I hope you see my reply to your question. Please let me know if you do. If I don't hear from you I will try to post it to your blog. The bee chart is from http://cosmichandmade.wordpress.com/finished-2009/free-charts-2008/ I thought it was a very cute chart too. I'm sure your husband will love it! :) Thanks for visiting my blog.
ReplyDelete~Elaine