Followers

Monday, October 1, 2007

A Gift for a Friend




I have been waiting to post this pic until the pillow was received. This was a joint effort between me and another Elaine who lives in Scotland. We wanted to do something for a friend that has been fighting cancer. Angie beat breast cancer earlier this year. Then a few months ago she was diagnosed with liver cancer which has possibly spread to other areas. It's diagnosed as stage 4 which is the worst stage. But we are optimistic that Angie will beat this too. :o) She has been really tired out from the chemo treatments but always sounds cheery when I talk to her on the phone. She has moved back to Alabama to be with her family. Lainey (the other Elaine) and I were discussing what we could do for Angie. Lainey suggested this cross stitch chart and I knew it would be perfect. She started it and stitched half
of it (and the tag for the back) and then sent it to me. I stitched my half and made it into a pillow in Angie's favorite color, purple. This is my first attempt at making a pillow like this so I was worried how it would turn out. I was afraid to cut any of the fabric, especially the stitched piece. :op Well, I guess I did ok because Angie called me on Saturday and said she cried when she saw the pillow. :o) Her mom likes it so much she made Angie leave it on top of the couch instead of taking it in her bedroom. :o) So I guess we did good. :o) It cheered Angie up and that was our intention. :o) If you read this Angie, we're thinking about you!
I have done a bit more stitching
but I will leave those pics for another time. Other than that, not much is happening. It's been pretty nice, fall-like but it's supposed to warm back up this week. I want the cool temps to stay! It's October!(already! can you believe it?)
Well, time to get dinner started.
Hugs to everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Just read your blog--sorry to hear about your friend angie-she's in my prayers-also you and the other elaine did a beautiful job on the pillow-but then again you do excellent needlepoint-I like all the things you have shown-keep on showing them-gotta go-talk to u later-Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine, you and your friends did a wonderful job. I am so happy that this cheered up Angie. I have been sending her cards but didn't know that she moved.
    Debra in Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful thing to do for your friend .. I'm sure she'll treasure the pillow. My prayers for her and her family

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillow was an excellent idea and it turned out just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pillow is beautiful. I'm sure Angie appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elaine, the pillow for Angie is beautiful! I'm so glad it cheered her up. My prayers and thoughts are with her.

    http://memyneedleandi.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful pillow! I am sure your friend will treasure it.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your friend..Hope she beats this too. Love the pillow though you both did very good.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)