Followers

Sunday, April 27, 2008

2nd Published Design!


I got my June issue of The Cross Stitcher in the mail on Saturday and was surprised to see my design in there! It was originally scheduled for the October 2007 issue but was bumped to (they were hoping) the February or April 2008 issue. It didn't show up in either of those so I thought maybe they had dropped it altogether. I was paging through this one and all of a sudden, there it was! They made it into a cute little journal cover. Half of the fun of seeing it in the magazine is seeing how they finish it. I don't know until everyone else does how it will look. I stitch it and then just send it to them and they frame/finish it the way they want.
I have one more design coming in Just Cross Stitch scheduled for the August 2008 issue. That one is a favorite of mine. :o)
I haven't been doing too much stitching last week. Probably not too much this week either since the wedding is Saturday. Last night I spent 5 hours sewing some beads on Amber's veil and only got half way around. Then I didn't like the way it looked so today I tok them all out and started over! I am about 1/5 of the way done so I'll be working on that several evenings this week. Not something I want to tackle when Emma is here!
I do have several finishes that I really want to show here. Hopefully after the wedding things will slow down a bit and I will get the chance.
Ok, time for bed. Contrary to whatever time this says it posts (it's always wrong) it's going on midnight and I have to be up at 5:50am. :op
{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

13 comments:

  1. Woohooo another published design! Congratulations Elaine it looks great.
    Good luck with Ambers veil.

    Hugs
    Lainey

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats Elaine. LOve the design.
    huggles, Marta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. You are really talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Elaine! It's a great design and what a pleasant surprise for you to find while flipping through the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaine, YEAH!!! Big congrats. I'll have to get that issue. I love your design. Just one thing, the UFO box needs to be much bigger. LOL!
    Debra in Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice design. Will have to see if I can get the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! This was the one design in the entire magazine I wanted to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your design being published elaine! Also I think you'll have Ambers veil done by saturday----cysaturday--hag week-Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is a great design you are very talented. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is sooo cute! congrats on getting it published! I do like how they finished it too :)

    Hope the wedding goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I FINALLY received my issue today! Your design is so cute! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable. Congrats on getting published and thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)