I'm finally getting around to updating this blog! I have had so much to blog about lately, news (probably boring stuff but oh well) and lots of cross stitch finishes. But then I never seem to have time to post a blog entry about it.
I figured I better blog about Amber's bridal shower before the wedding gets here. (3 weeks!) :op
We had the shower last Sunday. Amy and Nate's sister Kelly gave the shower. I helped Amy with some of the game set ups. Amy figured out which games to do and the prizes. Kelly made all the food except the cake and the punch. I needed to talk to Nate about something and when I told Amber to tell him I would be calling she was all paranoid that we were planning something. Lol! She was really afraid we were going to do something to embarass her! (that's what the bachelorette party is for, isn't it? I won't be there so I can't get blamed for anything that might happen. :o) All I needed from Nate was for him to answer questions. One of the games involved Amber answering the questions the way she thought Nate would.
Everyone got a list of the questions and had to say how many they thought Amber would get right. I can't remember how many she did get right but she did pretty good!
The morning of the shower had me in a panic a few times. The day before Amy & I had gone and bought 3 mylar balloons. They told us they would last 3-4 days. By the time I dropped Amy off 2 of them were going flat! Jerry and I went back the next morning on the way to pick up the cake. The lady at the store was really sorry and gave me all 3 balloons new. Off we went to Walmart to get the cake. We got everything else we needed in the store and then went to pick up the cake. When the lady went to set it in the cart I looked and said "It's supposed to be blue and yellow, not black & yellow!" The lady looked at the order sheet and said that the guy wrote down navy for the blue. We did want dark blue and pointed to the color we wanted and he said it was navy. Who are we to know what they call their colors!? She asked if we had about 15 minutes and she would fix it. Well that would have been nice to know before we already got everything! Obviously we didn't have a choice (black & yellow for a bridal shower???)
When we were walking around all I kept saying was "How are they going to get that black (sorry, navy blue) off of there without it leaving a mess?" The cake was kinda ugly too. They didn't have any pictures of bridal shower cakes and said they have a couple of different ones. We trusted them to make a nice one. All it had was some roses, yellow & BLACK (sorry, navy blue)and said Congratulations Amber. I was really disappointed. Well, when we went back they had a wonderful cake ready! I have no idea how the lady did it in 15 minutes but she was an angel! You can see it turned out really nice and looked like a bridal shower cake. :o) So, out we headed to go home with everything.
We got to the car and guess what? One of the balloons was going flat!!!!! Back to that store we went. The lady saw me coming in and said "Oh no!" She was afraid something was wrong with the blue heart balloon because that one did it twice. There were no more blue balloons of any shape so I had to get a pink heart. The wedding colors are dk blue (NOT navy!) and yellow......grrrrr.....!
Well, the balloons lasted through the shower and the cake was really good. The shower went wonderfully and Amber wasn't embarrassed at all! Here are some of the pics. A lot of my pics turned out a little blurry or dark. I'll have to have Amber fix the dark ones. :o)
I'll try to update again soon. I just wanted to get this posted for those that couldn't make it to the shower. :o)
{{{{{Hugs}}}}}
















































Congrats on making it through the bridal shower and the "fixed" cake really turned out beautifully.
ReplyDeleteBarb in TX
Ambers cake is lovely Elaine and it looks like she had great fun at her shower.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Lainey
unds like the bridal shower was a good one.
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing - it looks like a great time was had by all!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like it turned out lovely, Elaine.
ReplyDelete