
Since this blog is usually about family stuff and cross stitching I figured that a lot of you reading it don't know that I am also into card making and scrapbooking. I have to admit that cross stitching takes up most of my spare time and it has been a really long time since I scrapbooked. I have been doing some card making though thanks to a Yahoo group I belong to. We have weekly challenges, monthly challenges etc where we make a card according to a certain diagram (sketch), theme or whatever. For the latest challenge we were mailed the stamped image of the penguin shown above. We could do whatever we wanted as long as we used the image. It's about 1.5 x 2 inches. All the cards we make also have to have some kind of 3-D embellishment on them. I went to Walmart to look for something that would work with a penguin in swim trunks. :op I found a cute little set with beach stuff. I dug through some papers I had and found the sky paper and also some that I thought would work for water. I had already decided to use sandpaper for the sandy beach. The sunglasses were actually a folded pair that were just an embellishment. I wondered if they would fit on the penguin. I tried and they fit so I cut the side pieces off (the part that goes over your ears). It was perfect that you can actually see his eyes through them. :o)I finished my card, posted a picture in the group photo album and sent it on it's way to the lady I was assigned to send it to. When I posted my picture I looked at all the other cards that members had made. Wow! There were a lot of really creative cards! It's so cool to see everyone start out with the same thing and see how different everyone's cards end up. After I posted the photo the 'list mom', Kristen, posted a message saying to check the group homepage. My card was featured! She posted "Wicked cute card Elaine". (she was the one that sent us the image) This is what mine ended up looking like:
If you would like to see some of my other cards Click Here , then click on the 'Cards' album.
Have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend everyone!
{{{Hugs}}}
















































Howwww cute Elaine. I don't do cards, but I do scrapbooking as well and it has been a long time since I have picked mine up. I was just saying the other day that I need to get out the ones I started for my kids. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteYour card finishes are always beautiful Elaine and this little cutie is adorable.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Lainey
I love it!!!!
ReplyDeletethats so cute!!!!!!! almost makes me wish I had a real penquin-LOL-Lovw Mom
ReplyDeletelove all your cards! so unique and so creative :) That penguin is very cute!
ReplyDeleteThis penguin card is adorable! Clever you!
ReplyDeleteElaine, you cards are great. Thanks for the picture.
ReplyDeleteDebra in Indiana
Hey Elaine! I couldn't find your email to respond to your comment on my blog ... so here it is! lol
ReplyDeleteWOW, another Flag Day Anniversary! Congratulations! 28 years is awesome! But we have to beat a bit .. 33 years for us! and for the most part they've been good years too :)
Hugs, Michele
Hi Elaine! Just wanted you to know I dropped in! Your cards look great!!
ReplyDeleteAnna