Followers

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!




















Well, I figured it was time to update my blog. I know, it's past time. I decided I better do it because my friend Lainey in Scotland said she keeps checking to see if I have any new stitching on there. She figures since I'm not blogging, I must be stitching! :o) I have been doing a lot of stitching actually. As you can see, there are quite a few pictures above. As I've been finishing things, I've wanted to add them to my blog but it seems like I never get around to it. Then finishes just kept piling up and it seemed overwhelming to blog about them. I'm going to add all the pics and just put a list of what everything is. Hopefully everyone will be able to figure out the jumbled mess. Sorry the pics are small. I didn't want to take up too much room. You can click on them to enlarge them.
1 & 2-These pics are from a month ago when we planted the garden. The plants are quite a bit bigger now. It needs to be weeded but going out there is crazy. The mosquitos can just about pick us up and carry us away! We have lots of mosquitos because of all the flooding. And it was nice to know that they were breeding in the flood water that had sewage in it! Yuck!
#3 These are 2 bibs that I stitched for Lisa in Canada. She is on one of my Yahoo groups and we secretly put together and sent her a big package with stitched gifts and a gift cert for 123stitch.com
#4 is my ornament for June. So far, so good on stitching one every month this year. :o) Now we'll see if they actually get finished into ornaments before Christmas. :op
#5 This is my stitched part of Jana's Round Robin. This RR is almost done and on the next mailing date mine will come home to me! I can't wait to see it!
#6 is a bookmark that I stitched up from a kitted up freebie that Eva sent me. I think it was for the month of May and the theme was butterflies. For the kitted up freebie exchange we choose a freebie from online or a shop freebie and send it to our partner along with fabric, threads, needle and any needed buttons, beads, charms, etc. That way our partner can just open it up and start stitching. :o)
#7 is my June Block Swap block. The theme for June was Buttons. I had a hard time finding something. I was looking for a chart with buttons. I didn't find any so I thought this one would look cute if I added buttons to it.
#8 is Viv's potholder for the Small Finished Exchange. Her theme was Celtic design. This one went to the UK.
#9 is Debra's towel for the Small Finished Exchange. Her theme was Flip-Flops. I need to stitch this design again for Amy. She's a flip-flop fanatic.
#10 is Helle's bookmark for the bookmark exchange. This was my first swap with someone in Denmark. :o)She sent me a few postcards from there. :o)
#11 & 12 are a piece of fabric I dyed last week. They show both sides. Not sure which side I will use. It depends on the chart I use it for. This was the first time I tried using 2 colors and also the first time I used liquid Rit instead of powder. I like the liquid A LOT better but it doesn't come in as many colors. :op
#13 is for a Yahoo group I am on. Brooke from Brooke's Books designed the chart and challenged everyone on the list to make it their own. I added the lace, fabric flower and jewel 'cherries'. I also changed a jar of fireflies to the little flag. This is for a contest that everyone on the list will be able to vote for a favorite. Wish me luck!
#14 is a seasons stitch-a long I am doing on another Yahoo group. We got the chart for Autumn on July 1st but as you can see, I'm not quite that far yet. Spring actually came out first but I was anxious to stitch the flip-flops so I started with Summer.
#15 is my July ornament.
#16 is my July Block Swap block. The theme for July is cats. I stitched the ornament and block both last night. :o) I have so many things to finish that I had to find some that wouldn't take too long to complete. It seems like I barely get the ornament & block done and it's another month already!

So there you have it. This is what I have been up to. Well, whenever I have a spare minute anyway. Summer school ended today so Emma and Mike will be here all day. It was kinda hectic getting Emma going for school everyday. She's definately not a morning person. :op Summer school was everyday for 4 weeks. Preschool was only 3 days a week. Louie and Little Louie would meet us here every morning and we would walk or ride together. Same thing at pick up time. Plus Emma & Louie have T-ball on Mon & Wed afternoons. T-ball goes till the end of July. I will try to post some pics of that and July 4th over the weekend. Oh, and also about Little Louie's 'owie' and trip to the ER. I'll keep great grandma & aunt Anna in suspense til then. ;op
Well, I guess this is enough of an update for now. Lainey, I'll try to keep up with the stitching updates. :op I just know when I get on here it will take a while because I always seem to write a book. :o)

Take care everyone. Have a happy and safe 4th of July.

9 comments:

  1. Yaayy she's back..lol! You sure have been stitching up a storm. Beautiful finishes and you just know that fabric is crying out for a snowman.

    Happy 4th July!

    Hugs
    Lainey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes! I so love your cat bookmark. Good to hear from you and find out what you have been up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lil Louies "owwie?"--how many stitches????????? ttyl LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your finishes!!! What a neat idea for the buttons piece. Your fabric color is gorgeous. You're further along than I am on the 4 Seasons SAL. Love the colors on the flip flop towel. And I watched the entire 4th slideshow. ;D Keep up the great work!!!
    Barb in TX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Elaine! Everything looks great! I love your July block and I hope I get. Its perfect for me. Your slideshow was awesome. All the pictures were great and I was impressed with the parade. Who was pooped on? Cant wait to see your next update. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!! that's a lot of stitching! I love everything! Flip Flops Rock is sooo cute! I must find it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HEY!!!!!!!! Didn't anyone in the family win the "horse-poop" contest???? LOL Loved the old steam tractor and hearse. Aren't small town parades neat? I remember watching them in Rockton-only had to walk down the block to see them. Also love yor stitching-and by the way-what about lil Louie? the week-end has passed-tell all "HI" for me ttyl-Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elaine, wow girl you have been busy!!! Thanks for all the great pictures.
    Debra in Indiana

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)