Followers

Friday, November 7, 2008

A Little Bit of Everything


I have a bunch of different things to blog about today. First, the weather. On Monday (4 days ago) it was in the 70s. There was no school that day so Emma was here all day. We went outside to play and rake leaves and Emma asked if we could have a picnic for lunch. We said that sounded like a good idea since it would probably be our last chance this year. Josh didn't get to eat the last few bites of his hot dog because a wasp landed on it Lol!

Now, let's jump forward 4 days to today. It showed like crazy! It started off as rain but quickly changed into big flakes! Ugh....I'm not sure I'm ready for this. At least we didn't get a blizzard like South Dakota did though. We used to live there (that's where Amy was born) when Jerry was in the Air Force. Here's what it looked like out my front door today. Nothing stayed on the ground but we have a chance all weekend. :op Sunday's high is suposed to be 38 degrees F.


Yesterday I received my last SFE. It came from Mare and I love it! It's my first MailArt! I've seen these on people's blogs but never made or received one. Mare stitched the piece including my name and address and her return name and address. (I have the addresses covered in the pics for safety) She put it in a ziploc bag and the post office put the postage on that. The inside has 2 pockets and a scissor holder. How cool! Thanks Mare! Here are some pics of it:




I finished my November ornament for ILCS You can't see the white stitched on the roof and ground in the picture but it's there. Also, there are some snowflakes in the air. It's stitched on light blue fabric and looks much better 'in person'. Only 1 more month to go and I will have stitched an ornament every month for the ornament SAL. I can't believe we started this almost a year ago! Where does the time go? Now if I could just get them finished into ornaments by Christmas!


I've been seeing floss tags on everyone's blogs and finally decided I needed to make one. I looked for a chart that would work and found one I had saved from this site (I looked and don't see this one there anymore but there are some cute ones.) This one was part of a larger chart. It included the whole alphabet but I only used my initials for the back of the tag. The back I designed myself from other parts of the chart. I liked the way the corner is so there was room for the eyelet. I changed all the colors too. I used GAST Apricot Blush, Midnight, Raspberry Parfait, Brandy, Cornflower, Lavender Potpourri, Dried Thyme and DMC 3722 for sewing it together.


To sttach the nifty eyelet I used my Crop-a-dile. I saw this on Meari's blog a while back and debated if I wanted to get it or not. I finally decided to get one using a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby. Jerry was with me when I bought it and I was saying how I would use it for my scrapbooking and card making too. I said the only drawback was that it only reaches about an inch in on whatever you are using it on. So no attaching eyelets etc on the middle of a scrapbook page. Jerry asked why I didn't just get the bigger one that reaches 6 inches in. I said it cost a lot more. He said since I had the coupon anyway, and I would probably regret not getting that one, just get the bigger one. (What a guy!) So now I'm the proud owner of the Crop-a-dile Big Bite. :o) It really does put holes in just about anything that will fit under the hole puncher! I love it.:o)

I also bought the case with the extra eyelets. I wasn't thinking at the time that the Crop-a-dile wouldn't fit in the case! Oh well, I have more room for storing eyelets now. :o)


Today Jerry and I did a little bit of Christmas shopping. We were looking for something for our 19 month old niece. I can't believe that almost every toy for toddlers needs batteries! I kept finding cute things and then I would notice that it lights up, talks, etc and needs batteries. What ever happened to toys that made the kids use their imaginations?? I don't like to give battery toys as gifts because batteries are expensive. I think kids now are only interested in a toy if it does something. Even most of the Fisher Price little people toys need batteries. The barn makes sounds, the bus honks it's horn and lights up, etc. A Sit 'n Spin plays music and lights up. Even a Mickey or Minnie Mouse 'doll' that has a buckle, tie, snap, button etc to teach those things talks! So it needs batteries! I was getting frusterated just looking at all the stuff. I don't want to give her a doll because she has 6 sisters and I'm pretty sure there are already a lot of dolls at their house! :o) So, the hunt continues.....

Well, I guess this is long enough. If you are still reading, thank you! Sometimes I don't get very many comments and wonder how many people actually read my blog. Then again, I read a lot of blogs and don't always comment. :op
Hopefully I am entertaining at least a few of you!

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} Elaine

11 comments:

  1. Elaine,
    I always love reading your blog and seeing all that's going on. Keep up the great posts!!

    Now, I've been tagged and you have, too! To see what I mean you'll have to go check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your weather change is amazing! Ours is suppose to change like that today. We shall see.
    Love your stitched pieces. Way to go on the ornaments!!! Now, you need to use that crop-a-dile to finish them!!!! Isn't it the greatest??! I got one too & I love it!!! (my husband would have said the same thing as yours did, had he been with me & had I needed the bigger one!) Way to go husbands!!!
    As far as people not commenting, I always wonder the same thing about my blog. I look at some people's & they always have tons of comments & I rarely get very many....hum, am I boring?!! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GRANDMA BOUGHT SAVANNAH A DOLL FOR X-MAS lol--FIGURED WITH ALL THOSE SISTERS SHE NEEDED A "DOLL" JUST HER OWN--WON'T HAVE TO SHARE-lol ALSO BOUGHT THE NEW BABY(WHO HASNT MADE HER APPEARANCE AS YET,BUT WILL BEFORE X-MAS) A DOLL.NOPE THEY DONT DO NOTHING, JUST LAY THERE WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO PICK UP AND PLAY WITH THEM. lol I do check your blog everyday,just dont always comment.(I finally realized I had my caps lock on) I wasnt about to retype all this. LOL well gotta go-you all enjoy the day-such as it is-LOL Love to all Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Elaine. I love reading your blog. Just most the time forget to comment. Your pictures are all great. Our weather has been crazy too here in Indiana. No jacket yesterday and freezing today. The mail art is beautiful. My friend sent me one and I really cherish it. I just don't care to make one haha. The floss tag is fantastic. That cropodile is pretty neat. I can see how it would come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaine, so nice you got to enjoy a picnic before the weather changed!
    I love Mare's mailart! She did a beautiful job and I'm sure it's very special to you:)
    Hey, I've been wanting to make a floss tag too! I have a crop-a-dile, because I scrapbook and I use that thing a lot! Love it! and how nice of Jerry to suggest you get the big one:) Nice! (Love Hobby Lobby AND their 40% off coupons!)
    I guess I can find instructions, but since I've never seen one in person, does a floss tag have anything stuffed in it? or is it just 2 pieces of fabric sewn together? ...lol...
    I enjoy reading your blog, so keep writing:)
    Hey, congrats on your ornie stitch finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh burr! Have fun with your new toy and your SFE is so neat, Mare did a great job.
    You have beent tagged.
    Check out my blog.
    Debra in Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy reading your blog but there are so many that I don't get to all them often enough. I sort of feel kind of guilty commenting so late. I also wonder if I am too long winded on my blog so people loose interest. Your pictures are great & keep at it! I am so happy you liked your mailart and it arrived safely.

    I have thought about one of those new tools but I don't scrap book and I am not sure I'd get much use out of it. Your tag & ornie look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty floss tag, Elaine. Congrats on getting the Big Bite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog.
    Your floss tag is fabulous! Love it.
    PS Your ornament is in the mail AND you've been tagged. :)
    Check my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading your blog! I am really bad at commenting, though :(

    I am working on getting better!! LOL.

    The mail art is awesome, it looks like it took a lot of work, to say the least.

    Great job on the ornament. A whole year of work is tremendous!

    I am also saving up to get the "big" crop a dile. I saw it in the store and knew that it was worth the extra money to have the extra "arm" length.

    The floss tag is pretty. I want to make one too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)