Followers

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Getting there...

Well, I'm slowly getting back to normal from my surgery. I still can't do a lot of things and some things still really hurt! I can't turn my hand palm up yet but they keep assuring me that it will come in time. I'm not patient about some things. I don't like not being able to do what I want to. I just started driving again on Tuesday. I haven't driven too far though. Mostly to take Emma to and from school. Shifting the car, turning the key and working my seatbelt hurts. But I'm getting there! I haven't done any stitching yet. I think I'm afraid to try. :op Maybe tomorrow. :o) But....just because I haven't stitched doesn't mean I haven't collected new stash. :o) I got these a few weeks ago at Hobby Lobby. I used a 40% coupon on both of them. (Jerry goes through and pays for one thing) I saw the design in one of the stitchy catalogs and fell in love with it. I really like the other 3 seasons but Autumn is my favorite. I love the colors in this one and can't wait to start it. I have been looking at the threads for a while. I would like to design something to use them for. We'll see how it goes. :o)



I won a 1/2 Bingo game on bbinteractive, a Yahoo group for designer Brooke's Books We have a Bingo game going on where you have to get 24 words for a Bingo (2 winners) but they also had 1/2 Bingo winners where it was the first 2 people with 12 words. I was one of the lucky winners of the 1/2. We had our choice of any of Brooke's designs. I thought we would get 1 but we received 2! These are what I received:

They come complete with everything except the floss. These included perforated paper (gold or silver) beads, needle, beading needle, pin backs and instructions. I will probably make ornaments out of both of them but might stitch some more than once for pins. I haven't stitched a BB design yet and can't wait!

Tomorrow we go to Milwaukee to pick up Amy and family from the airport. They are just coming back from Disneyworld. I talked to her a few times and they are loving it! Wish I was there.......

We need to eat dinner in a few minutes here but before I go, I promised Emma I would show off her butterfly on my blog. I bought this little kit for her to do during spring break. Because of my accident she wasn't here that week so I let her paint it after school a few days ago. I think she did a great job. :o)



Take care everyone! Spring was here today (63 degrees) and summer will be here tomorrow (83 degrees) and then we go back to spring with cool weather and storms for the weekend. I know I had more to say but can't remember anything.......oh well, next time.

Hugs!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you heal quickly...and without pain!!
    Love your new stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are slowly healing! Great prize from Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a cutie! Great stash.
    DLS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are helling quickly so you can get back to your stitching. Hugs.. Love the new stash. I just bought the satin floss and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lucky girl!! I love bingo - I should try to figure this thingie out as I also belong to the group. Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are at least starting to use your hand :) I have seen the autumn cross and always thought it was beautiful. I look forward to seeing yours finished. I should join some other groups, but don't want to be behind in multiple places LOL
    take care

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)