Followers

Sunday, April 26, 2009

I STITCHED!! & a book review

I did some stitching last night. Not much but I got probably about 50 more stitches in the border of Home of a Needleworker. It might take me a while but I will get back in the swing of things. My hand is killing me today. I think I did too much yesterday. (Not just stitching.) Either that or it's the change in weather. I hope it doesn't ache like this every time it rains!

Jerry is doing up the dishes for me and dinner is in the crockpot. Crockpot Cowboy Stew (without the meat.) Later we will make up a can of Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits and be all set.:o) Yum! I love this stuff! That's one of the reasons I like cooler weather. :o)

A couple of weeks ago I finished reading the book 'The Shack'. Here is the description Amazon.com gives:
Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever. In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant "The Shack" wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. You'll want everyone you know to read this book!

It's a book that really makes you think and maybe look at things differently. I loved it and it left me feeling good. There was one spot where it slowed down a bit and I put it down for a while (also about the time I broke my wrist so I had other things on my mind.) I was so glad I picked it back up! It's somewhat religious without being preachy. I don't want to give anything away. I gave it to Amber to read and she read it in less than 2 days! I highly recommend it.

Ok, I'm getting restless. I need to find something to do that doesn't involve sitting on the couch. :op

Hugs & Have a good week!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine -

    Glad your hand is doing better and that you can stitch more. I read The Shack a few months ago, I am still thinking about it and the message.

    I see you have a Jodi Thomas book on your shelf. She was in town for a book signing this weekend. My husband went to see her, turns out she was his High School Home and Family Living teacher in Amarillo, TX. Small world. Let me know what you think of her book.

    Cj

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is your hand doing? Is it healing well?
    DLS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm halfway through The Shack and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is on my to-reads list! It sounds great! Hang in there with the stitching, a little stitching is better than none at all. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)