Followers

Monday, November 19, 2012

November IHSW (International Hermit & Stitch Weekend)

I joined in on IHSW quite a while ago and then never remembered to participate. On Friday Katie reminded us on Facebook that this was the weekend. I'm going to have to try to remember it every month. I decided to work on my Monopoly board. It's been so long since I stitched on it I thought this would be a good chance to pull it out. This is what it looked like when I pulled it out on Friday.
My goal was to stitch the Chance card space, B & O Railroad, Illinois Avenue and Indiana Avenue (2 of the red spaces). I was also able to get Chance and Kentucky Avenue finished. :)
I really enjoyed stitching on it over the weekend so I think I'll keep going on it for a while. Next up is Free Parking. :) Not counting the Monopoly logo across the middle, I have reached the halfway point. Even though it's a huge piece, its really quick to stitch. And since so much of it is straight lines, it's a good one to work on while watching tv. I'm not sure if this one will be the one I work on next month for IHSW. When I pulled this one out from a box of UFOs, I found a lot more that I'm anxious to get back to. :) (((hugs))) PS-I'm pretty sure this is my shortest blog post EVER! :)

8 comments:

  1. Hey I'm glad I gave you the kick in the bum to be lazy and get some stitching done. Plus you even blogged about it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! Missed the stitchin this weekend! Lovely work. Have this chart in the waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice to see this pop up
    I have a Monoploy WIP/UFO somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short, but sweet! Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful project great little update x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monopoly is looking great!!
    Betty in AZ (ILCS)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good! I seem to have lost mine- pattern, fabric, everything! =O

    - Lisa N.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice progress! I think we are at about the same place in finish percentage. I started stitching Christmas stuff and everything else got put on the back burner..oh well :) This one is a must finish for 2013, though. Can't wait to see the finished project :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)