A good friend saw the reusable sandwich baggies I made for Jerry and asked me to make some for her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend. I love these because they really reduce the amount of plastic that ends up in the landfill. I went to Hobby Lobby and sent pics on my phone of several fabrics so she could choose some for herself. (I live in WI, she lives in OH)
Today I didn't have Emma so when Jerry left for work I decided to get busy making them. They do take quite a while to make (about 6 hours for these 20). They aren't perfect because I'm not a perfect seamstress-far from it! I like these because there are no snaps or velcro. Just a fold over flap. And they wash up so nice with a load of towels.
This is the website where I first saw the directions for them:
Reusable Snack Bag Tutorial
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Hugs, Elaine
Oh those are a cool idea. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteSuch a clever idea.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your finished product. Glad you liked the tutorial, and thank you for linking back to my blog! -Elle @ CBM
ReplyDeletehttp://dragonsluver.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html
ReplyDeleteYou've been awarded a blog award.