Followers

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ornaments and Pictures-of-the-Day

Just a short post to share some pictures. I finally finished my February ornaments for the Halloween and Christmas Stitch-a-longs. Nothing like waiting till the last day of the month to do it. I've had the stitching done for a little bit but just tonight made them into ornaments. I love the stitching part but I hate putting things together or framing. I would rather leave that to someone else but can't afford it so I do it all myself. Here are February's ornaments. The Halloween SAL theme for February was Black Cats and the Christmas theme was Reindeer or candy canes.





Since February is over I can share the rest of my Picture-of-the Day pics.
The theme for Feb 22 was 'Handwritten'. These are some of the letters Jerry and I exchanged when he was in the air force and I was still at home before we got married.

Feb 23 theme: 'Favorite thing'. This was a hard one because I have a lot of favorite things. I decided to go with my favorite tv show, Little House on the Prairie. I have them all on dvd and watch them often.





Feb 24 theme: 'Listening to...' This is one of my favorite cds because I love the old songs on it and I love Rod Stewart's voice. I like how he kept the songs the same. I listen to this one a lot.







Feb 25 theme: 'Everyday I...' This was another hard one. I do a lot of things Monday-Friday and some things only on Saturday & Sunday. Aside from showing you my toothbrush or something, there aren't a lot of things I do every single day. Then as I was logging on to Facebook I realized, there is something I do everyday! I check it several times a day. :)




Feb 26 theme: 'Old photo'. My mom's 85th birthday would have been on the 23rd. Since it was still the week of her birthday I decided to use a picture of her. This is from when she was about 12 years old I think. I'm pretty sure it was her confirmation. Maybe her First Communion but I think Confirmation. This is from Belgium where she lived till she was 18 and came here after WWII.

Feb 27 theme: 'Favorite Spot'. My very favorite place to be is Disney World. We have been there 3 times but not since 2003. This photo was taken in 1997, the 2nd time we went. It was their 25th anniversary and the castle was decorated like a big cake. This is a page from my scrapbook.

Feb 28 theme: 'I ate...' This is an apple cake. I got the recipe from Taste of Home. I double the recipe and added an extra apple because we like it thicker and with more apple in it. I ate a piece after lunch today.





I have decided to continue the Picture-of-the-Day into March. This is what the themes are:
The person that made the list has a Facebook page and also a blog if anyone else is interested in participating. I only share mine on my personal page on Facebook and on my blog.

Well, I think that's it for now. Thanks for visiting!

Hugs

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you...finishing is not my favorite part! But your ornaments are so cute! Love the pics, especially your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you finished your ornaments. They look too cute.

    Your picture a day thing is so neat to follow. Good luck finding pictures for March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the cute finishes. I love the way you finish finished them. Can you tell me the designer of the reindeer and santa. That is just adorable. Love your photos a day.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a good job. The designs are so cute. I hate finishing, too. I tend to make a very similar ornament. I use the same fabby I stitched on as the backing. I put the wrong sides together and stitch every other square with straight stitch in a coordinating floss color (and no I don't worry about getting in the holes on the back side. When I'm almost all the way around, I stuff if, close it, and fray the edges just like you do :) Your way is simpler though...I may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog and your finishes.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ornaments are very cute. I love looking at your photographs and reading your explanations of how they fit into the theme.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)