Followers

Friday, February 1, 2013

It's February!

Every day we get just a little closer to Spring! :) My favorite season is Autumn but Spring is ok too. :) We have had some crazy weather in the last week. In 3 days we went from having rain and 60F degrees to snow on the ground 1*F and windchills of -30*F. I'm just thankful we didn't get the bad storms like some places did.

We are just hours away from Ground Hog's Day! Everyone knows Punxsutawney Phil but we have our own groundhog right here in Wisconsin named Jimmy. He lives in Sun Prairie, WI which claims to be the Official Groundhog Capital of the World. They have a big celebration with a breakfast and stuff. We are less than an hour from Sun Prairie but I'd rather stay in my cozy, warm bed at sunrise. :) Here's a freebie I stitched several years ago.

I made some progress on my stitching this week. Here's how far I am on my HAED Shiver Meow Timbers. I'm loving the colors in this one. My pics never seem to show colors as bright as they actually are.


I was able to get 4 days of stitching in on my Paradise SAL that I'm doing with Katie. It started out as a Sunday SAL. Then we both wanted to stitch on it more so we added Wednesday. But on Tuesday we were both itching to pick it up so we made it a Sun-Wed SAL. :) This is how far I got by Wed. I can't wait to pick it back up on Sunday.

I started in the center of the chart and Katie started at the top. She also decided to change the color of the letters. I decided to leave mine black because I like the way they 'pop' off the design. I do love how hers look though. I'm stealing her pic...shhh...don't tell her. :)




Today is February 1st so that means my stitching is on display at the public library! Jerry and I took it up today and set it up in the showcase. It took an hour but I think it looks nice. You have to be in front of it to see everything but most people to walk up to it to look anyway. It was hard because all my frames are wall frames, not table frames. The strings we hung the side stuff on were already in the showcase. The pics aren't the best because of the glass. (You can click on any of my pics to enlarge them.) Also, my flash wouldn't go off because there was too much light in there. It probably would have just reflected back anyway.  These pieces will stay on display the whole month of February. I hope people enjoy looking at them. The best thing would be to inspire some people to give cross stitching a try.












I saw something posted on Facebook today that I decided to try. It's supposed to be on Instagram but since I don't have a phone with internet, I decided to just post mine on Facebook and here on my blog. It's a Photo-a-Day Challenge for February. The idea is to take a photo each day to represent the topic for that day. Here's the list I saw.



This is the picture I took today for 'Vintage'. It's an old family photo album my mom had. Most of the people in it are my relatives in Belgium. My mom came to the US when she was 18 but the rest of her family is still there. I know some of the people but not all. I wish I would have seen this before she was gone so she could tell me. I did find a picture of one of my aunts that looks a lot like my oldest daughter Amy. That was kinda neat to see. :) I will post my pictures for each day here. If not on the exact day, soon after. Not thrilled with day #5, self-portrait. Lol

The other day we made Homemade Kit Kat Bars from The Country Cook Blog. They don't really taste like Kit Kats but they are delicious! Please excuse the bad picture. These are several days old (but still delicious!) and are the last of the pan. I forgot to take a pic earlier. :p
Well, I think that's all I have for today. Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment if you have an extra minute. I love knowing you were here. :)

Oh, does anyone know how to make my replies to your comments go to the other person's email? I get replies to my comments on other people's blogs in my email and don't see their replies on their blog. But when I try to reply to your comments on my blog, it posts it in the comments under the comment I'm replying to. Confused yet? I want my replies to go to your email if I'm answering a question you left as a comment so you don't think I'm ignoring you. If anyone understands what I'm trying to say I hope you can help me. :-/ I can't find anything on the settings or anything to change it.

Hugs!

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful display! Such a wide range of projects and skill level. Something for everyone. As far as the comments. In blog settings you can check the box for email notification when someone makes a comment. And you will receive an email notice to answer people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your display looks fabulous! The library patrons will certainly enjoy it and maybe you will inspire people to pick up a needle and fabric. I think I may join you on the photo a day challenge. It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your display. Know everyone will enjoy it.
    I agree maybe you just might inspire someone to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching! And how wonderful to have your display at the library. Fantastic finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching! And how wonderful to have your display at the library. Fantastic finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I recognize that photo haha. Love that we extended our SAL. It's such a fun piece. Can't wait till tomorrow.

    Love your display. Love your yummies. The vintage photo is very cool. We have a lot of old pictures like that. They are amazing to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your display looks great!
    Cute finish and your w.i.p's are coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress on your SAL. Katie, your's looks great too. Your display at the library looks fantastic and very inspiring. Stitching is just the best and we get to meet so many nice and iteresting people. Love your Vintage photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the groundhog- he's so cute!! And I can't wait to see your Paradise project done. It's going to look so good!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your WIPs are looking very nice. Your display looks terrific and hope it inspires people to do cross-stitching.

    Marl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gorgeous display at the library!!!! Our weather has been crazy here in Oklahoma too. As for the email question, I think there is a notification thing you can enable, but I think the other people have to have their notifications enabled too, but don't quote me not 100% sure. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am enjoying watching your stitch along on Paradise with Katie. I think this design might find its way into my stash. Your library display is great. They often display needlework in our main library. I live in Ft. Wayne with Katie and I found your blog thru hers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I love your blog and follow faithfully. I love your Groundhog piece too, very very cute. I'd love to stitch it for my daughter for next year (she loves groundhogs)do you remember where you got it? Thanks, Sincerely, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my..where to begin?!?! First of all..FABULOUS library display. You have done some amazing pieces. I am proud to know you :) Can you tell me who designed the Halloween cat on the right wall? Take care and here's hoping the weather doesn't make a last minute dump on either of us!

    As far as the comments...I think Meari might know. LOL..I'm sure she will appreciate me volunteering her.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)