I got the outside properties finished before IHSW. Friday night I started on the Monopoly logo. It did take longer than I thought but I love how it looks! Now I just wish I could afford to get it framed! Some day. :)
I know that some people have really nice backs on their stitching. Mine is usually 'ok'. Not messy, but not as neat as some that I've seen. Someone on Facebook said she bets the back looks nice too. So of course I had to go look at the back. It actually looks better than I expected. So for you stitchers (who are probably the only ones interested in the back of a stitched piece), here's my backside. :)
Next Sunday Katie and I will begin out SAL on Stoney Creek's Paradise. Well, we will if my chart arrives on time. Both of our charts were mailed the same day. They come from Utah. I live in Wisconsin, Katie lives in Indiana, which is further from Utah. She got her chart on Saturday, I didn't. When I checked the tracking last night I found out my chart is in Puerto Rico! What? I would be mad if it wasn't so funny! Guess it decided WI was way too cold for a Paradise and decided to take a vacation instead. Crazy! Jerry works at the post office and hasn't heard of something getting that off track!
Hugs!
















































Congrats! It looks awesome
ReplyDeleteI have this not even halfway stitched, is I might just have to get it back out, thanks, lol
Hi Ranae, get it back out and finish! Lol! It's a great feeling to have it completed. When I took mine out I only had 1 side done. It stitched quicker than I expected. Except the logo, that took a while. :) You know you want to. :)
DeleteElaine, your Monopoly Board looks fantastic! You did a wonderful job of stitching; also, I see that you just finished Dr. Neal's book, To Heaven and Back. I read that book in two days back in December. Phenomenal book! I love to read also and am currently reading two books...lol..... 11/22/63 by Stephen King; very different! It is a blend of fiction and history about the assassination of John F. Kennedy. I have read about 100 pages; I am also reading a good mystery by Sandra Brown, called Lethal. I have enjoyed reading your blog!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Sue
ILCS
Hi Sue, right now I'm reading another one that is like To Heaven and Back. It's Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife by Eben Alexander, M.D. This one so far is way more detailed about what happened. I read the other one fast and I think I will with this one too. I waited quite a while on the reserve list at the library. Both of them consistently have 30+ reserves. Check out this one too. I think you'll like it. :)
DeleteIf I had the choice I would visit Puerto Rico as well. :) I hope you get your chart soon. I just love your monopoly piece. Where did you get the chart? I have a bother who collects the games. I just might have to stitch this for him.
ReplyDeleteHi Angela, I got the chart a long time ago off eBay. I think it's out of print but they still show up often on there. I'm hanging on to mine since it is hard to find. Hopefully my other one will show up soon. I think it's stuck in Puerto Rico! It was scanned there 1 day, scanned as departing the next day, and scanned in the same place again the next day! Not sure what's going on. :p
DeleteYour Monopoly board really turned out great! Happy you got it done in time.
ReplyDeleteThat's a wonderful finish Elaine congrats on the timely finish xxxx
ReplyDeleteFantastic job..congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your finish. It is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteMonopoly is awesome!! Congrats on finishing! So how are you going to finish it for display in the library?
ReplyDeleteHi Berly, I have it just hanging on a dowel rod right now. I don't think I will finish it before then. Hoping they can just hang it in the back of the showcase or something. :)
DeleteWonderful finish - congratulations. Hope your SAL chart turns up soon.
ReplyDeleteGreat Job! Glad you had such a great weekend. I don't blame you for taking a little break. I'm looking forward to SAL with you.
ReplyDeleteTesting this to see if it comes to your email Katie. Let me know. :)
DeleteCongratulation to finish your Monopoly. It looks gorgeous and you stitch it so quickly. Really nice work
ReplyDeleteLove how your Monopoly looks. I have that same chart and I want to work on it very badly. I have actually hauled a piece of glass with me through 3 moves hat I want to use for this piece. I am hoping to find someone that will make me a table and then I can use the glass as a top with the piece under it for a usable Monopoly board. Maybe some day.
ReplyDeleteA coffee table is how I want to someday finish mine too! Also so it can be payed on. I can't imagine moving that glass 3 times and it never broke! :)
DeleteMonopoly looks so lovely. You really did a good job. Congratulations! I hope you can get it frame someday. Looking forward seeing Paradise stitch up.
ReplyDeleteYour Monopoly looks very nice and hope that you get it framed. I had someone send me a card mailed in November from the States and got it two weeks ago because it was sent to Barbados, I live in Canada.
ReplyDeleteMarl
Hi Marl, that's crazy! I guess your card wanted to take a vacation too! No sign of my chart yet. It was scanned 3 days in a row at the same facility in Puerto Rico!
DeleteNice work! I am sooo jealous!! I had to stop stitching it and work on something else. Now I'm going back to it, dammit! lol.
ReplyDeletei am with you on hoping I can someday afford to frame it. i always thought it would be awesome in a glass topped table, coffee table. You could use it to play :) I am really proud of you ;)
Hey Glenda, that's the same way I would like to have mine done, in a coffee table so we could play it. Someone above mentioned the same thing. Someone could make a lot of money off us stitchers that need a glass topped coffee table! Get busy on yours! :)
DeleteCongrats, Elaine! It looks wonderful.
ReplyDelete- Lisa N.
Makes me want to play Monopoly, you did a fantastic job!
ReplyDeleteHappy dancing here for you Elaine, well done!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great!!
Wow what an awesome finish! Congratulations and the back looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on finishing such a fantastic project
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your finish. Hope your chart arrives soon and you can get started on you SAL.
ReplyDeleteohhhh well done on finally getting it finished .... and your backside looks fab ;) have you thought of mounting it and actually using it for the game ?? under some clear perspex ??
ReplyDeletehope your chart arrives soon :) love mouse xxxxx
Your stitching is beautiful !!
ReplyDelete