Followers

Monday, January 14, 2013

Stitching Update and Exciting News!

 Hello from a very chilly Wisconsin!

At our public library they have a showcase where they highlight things for an entire month. They put things in there like collections, hobbies, paintings, etc. Right now there is a collection of Lego models. Last week on the library's Facebook page, they said they need things to showcase. Jerry and I were going to the library that day anyway so I asked if they would be interested in my cross stitch. She said "Absolutely!". :) After January the entire year was open so I had my choice of months. I knew I would be anxious if I had to wait so I chose February. So for the entire month of February my stitching will be showcased! I'm deciding on things to put in there. A few things I have hanging on my walls and I'm borrowing back a few things my daughters have in their homes and also my nieces name piece. Maybe a few of the Christmas or Halloween pillows. I'm not sure how much to bring but I figured I will bring a bunch and she can choose what she wants to use. I'm so excited! I will take pics and post them here so stay tuned for those. :)

While I was laying in bed that night I was thinking of what stitched things to bring and thought I would love to have my Monopoly piece in there. But...I still had a lot to stitch. I started that day and stitched quite a bit this past weekend. I did make a lot of progress. I still have 7 squares and the monopoly logo across the middle. I'm pretty sure I can get it done. Fingers crossed! It won't be framed because it will probably be forever before I can afford that, but I still want to include it. Here's what I stitched since my last update and also the completed piece as of today.

I was going to try not to buy any more stash until I finished more of what I already have (or already have started!). But then I saw a new chart called 'Paradise Banner' from Stoney Creek and I knew I had to stitch it. Katie mentioned that we should do it as a SAL so I said "sure!".  :) We won't start it until after I finish Monopoly, whenever Katie is ready. We plan to stitch on it a certain (to be decided) day of the week. It's such a fun, summery design! It makes me even more anxious to finish Monopoly!


I'm still working on my 2 HAED (Mini Shiver Meow Timbers and Pumpkin Pixie), but haven't worked on them in the last week since I'm focusing on Monopoly. I will post an update on them soon.

Well, I think that's about all I have for tonight. Short update for me! I just wanted to mention the good news and get the progress pic posted.

Hugs & stay warm!

11 comments:

  1. How cool to showcase your talented work. You deserve it girl! Love the monopoly piece. It will look so neat in the display as a just finished piece.

    I can't wait to stitch the new piece with you. I need to get it ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the honor! Lovely progress on the monopoly board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news, you must take lots of photos for us, monopoly is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see how the library displays your pieces. What an honor! And what a way to share our craft with another generation. How many young kids will want to do that too? GREAT progress on Monopoly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Elaine- that's awesome!!

    Monopoly is looking good!

    - Lisa N.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting to display your cross stitch! Love the monopoly board...

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! If you don't finish your Monopoly piece in time, it might be cool to let them see a work in progress - if you're willing to part with it for that long! Looking forward to seeing pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pretty blog. May I ask where you got the pattern for the awesome Monopoly piece? Congrats also on being showcased next month! Can't wait to see pictures!
    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, I got the Monopoly chart a long time ago off ebay. It's out of print but they do still show up there. The other day there was one there and was only up to $3.95. Lots of people have asked if I want to sell mine but I'm going to hang on to it. On the booklet it has C & L Crafts & Co on the front but on the back there's a Leisure Arts sticker.

      Delete
  9. Ack! You really got ahead of me on Monopoly! For some reason I was stitching at a snails pace last weekend. I couldn't believe how little I had done after the 3 days :( I am burning out on it, so will have to go to something else for a week. I WILL get it finished this year though :)
    Having your work displayed in the library is awesome! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your Monopoly piece and it has to be very exciting to have your own exhibit coming up in February. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your special event. Hopefully you can finish up Monopoly soon and have it prepped and ready to display along with your framed pieces and other finishes.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)