Followers

Monday, April 22, 2013

Not A Very Productive IHSW!

This weekend was International Hermit & Stitch Weekend (IHSW). Jerry was working and I should have been able to get a lot of stitching done. But I didn't. I don't even really know why I didn't. Part of the reason was because I needed to get a white pillowcase to use for my afghan. I had planned to go today to get one (I did, you can see it in the picture) but thought it would be ok to stitch a few days without it. It's to put the afghan (except for the part I'm working on) in so that it doesn't get dirty or messed up. Because the afghan is big and it will take a while to stitch it. On Sunday after I had stitched a little bit, I remembered I had a pretty new pair of jeans on, a dark blue pair. They've been washed twice but my color catcher still came out blue after the last wash. I checked the afghan and sure enough, there was a little blue spot on it. :( It's tiny and on the back, but I figured I better wait for the pillowcase to stitch any more on it. I thought about pulling out one of my HAED pieces but didn't want to be bothered with taking it out for only a few more hours on Sunday. Lazy, I know. Here is how far I got on the afghan before putting it away. This is the upper left block. Each block is 88x88 and it's stitched over 1! Those are some tiny stitches! This is going to take awhile!
On Saturday I did finish my April ornaments for the Christmas Ornament SAL and Halloween Ornament SAL The theme for the Christmas one was Trees/Baubles (ornaments) and the Halloween theme was stitcher's choice. I didn't put a hanger on the Christmas one because I will put a real ornament hanger on it so it looks more like an ornament. Both of my ornaments are from freebie charts I had in my stash.
I tried something new the other day that I read about on Facebook, making peanut butter. The one we buy has oil, salt, sugar and a few other unnecessary ingredients. We bought a 1 lb bag of peanuts. They do have oil and salt added to them but that's it. I dumped them in the food processor and about 5 minutes later, I had peanut butter! It's delicious!! It made exactly a pint jar. I was afraid it would be like making applesauce and I would start out with a lot of peanuts only to end up with hardly anything. Even though it still does have the oil & salt, not having the sugar is a big plus since Jerry is diabetic and loves peanut butter. It's also without the other extras that are in the jar kind. I was actually kind of amazed with how it turned out. Just peanuts, imagine that! :)
Is anyone watching the new show on Netflix Instant called 'Hemlock Grove'?
 They premiered the entire first season, 13 episodes on Friday. It's really good! We have 3 episodes left. I'm hoping we don't have to wait forever for season 2. I thought it would be more scary than it actually is. It kind of reminds me of the old Dark Shadows. Just kinda. It definitely isn't for kids to watch because they have some sex scenes and boobs. And they like to drop the F-bomb. If they used it any more than they do, I would probably quit watching. I don't like when they say it every other word. Thankfully they aren't that bad about using it. But it is really good. And they had the most disgustingly awesome transformation into a wolf!

Well, I think that's all I have to say today. It's a pretty short update for me. :) I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We finally had a few days without rain! By the weekend we are supposed to be in the mid 60s and 73 next Monday.  If it doesn't change before then. We have a chance of rain the next few days and then nothing through next Monday! Hopefully...

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs


7 comments:

  1. Your ornaments are really cute and the afghan will be gorgeous when you finish. I may have to try making my own p-nut butter. I love my p-nut butter & so does hubby (neither of us need the 'extras'). Thanks for the tip. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a really go start on your blanket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Afghan will look amazing. Handy tip on the peanut butter. Your two ornaments are by cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pattern for the afghan! You are a horrible person to make me want to stitch on something else haha. You know I love that we share the same taste!

    I hope the show comes out on DVD so I can watch it too. On one of the previews it showed the transformation and I was amazed! I agree with you about using the f word. Most shows use it way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the afghan! Your ornies turned out really cute. And LOVE the peanut butter. Will give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute ornaments! Love the blue one.

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)