Followers

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Stitchy Update!

It's been dreary and rainy for the last 2 weeks. We have flood warnings and some places are already flooded. We don't live too close to the lakes or river so we're ok but the rain is getting depressing. Last year we were in a drought and this year it won't stop. Can't there be a happy medium? I don't even want to think about the mosquitoes this summer! But, when it's raining it's a good time to get some stitching done. :) And I have been stitching and stashing! Not that I needed more stash!
A friend that I went to school with told me about the Salvation Army Women's Craft & Fabric Sale. I have never heard of it but apparently a lot of people have. We got there about 10minutes before it was set to start. The parking lot was full and there was a line across the whole front of the strip mall where it was. We got in pretty quick and headed straight for the stitching stuff. It was nice because they had tall signs on the tables with the different categories. I found a lot of packaged aida for .25c each. Jerry picked up a sealed package and showed it to me to see if I wanted it. It was an afghan cloth to stitch on! I looked them up online and it's $25. I got it for $3 !!! I wish there would have been more because a few friends on Facebook would have liked one. :( This is what I came home with. Emma was with us and got the big flower for her room for .75c and the stocking kit in the red box for $2. When we opened it we found out it makes 4 small stockings. :)

My friend told me there was still a lot of stuff left a few days later and they had added more that didn't fit in the beginning. So we went back and I came home with this. The big black piece and white piece are over a yard of aida! Fun! :)
Now, since I had this nice afghan, I needed something to stitch on it, right? :) I looked online and found several charts but most were for different sized afghans or the squares were different size. Then I looked on Stoney Creek and found the perfect design! I loved it more than the others I saw and it was the right size! It's called Tropical Island and you can see it Here.  I received it in the mail today and I'm hoping to start it this weekend during IHSW.

In my last post I shared my March Halloween ornament but I didn't have the Christmas ornament one done yet. Here it is. I'm working on my April ornaments now so I'll show them next post. :)
This morning I finished putting together a pinkeep wall hanging for my grandson. I stitched his name using the Lizzie Kate A-B-C-razy chart. He called me after school when he got home and saw it. He was so excited! He didn't know about it and he loves it. :)
And finally...I know a lot of people have been waiting to see Paradise finished. Here it is! By the way, it isn't actually framed yet. I just put it in the frame to see how it's going to look. Hopefully it will be in there in the next day or two. :)
I absolutely loved working on this piece! Part of what made it fun was doing it as a SAL with Katie. We both were finishing about the same amount each week and finished pretty close to each other. Katie decided to change the color of her letters. She didn't like the look of the black as much as I did. I love the way hers looks too! As we were working on them I kept wondering if I should have changed mine too but I really like how the black looks so I'm happy with it. I really like hers too though. Lol We are thinking about doing the Halloween one as a SAL in a few months. Here's Katie's finished Paradise!
Well, I think that's about it for now. Not much going on with all this rain. We finally got rid of winter and now this! Oh well, in the summer we'll probably be praying for some rain.
Thanks for checking out my blog and please leave a comment. I like knowing you were here. :)

Also, I haven't posted any picture-of-the-day pics for a while. I did finish March and am doing the April one now. If anyone is interested I will post those in a different post. I know I did get several nice comments on them before (thank you!), but didn't want to bore everyone with them all. So if you want to see them, let me know!



10 comments:

  1. Great bargains and the money is going to a good cause, this is a great idea, I wish they did sales like that here. Your stitching looks great and I love both of the Paradise pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the great finishes. I love all your new stash.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow an update haha. Everything is great! I really really enjoyed our SAL and look forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pin keep for Louie is beautiful. I also like your Paradise piece. My sister would love it, she lives in FL and likes flamingos - go figure. :80) Who is the chart by? I may have to make it for her as a gift.
    With the description of your weather, I thought you had to be in my neck of the woods - as it turns out, we're just across the lake from each other. I live in MI and our weather mirrors yours. I can't belive the four letter 's' word is still a possibility. Oh well, the hazards of living in the midwest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti (or should I say hello neighbor!), I'm hoping you'll see this because I couldn't do the email reply for you. The Paradise chart is by Stoney Creek. It's supposed to have some buttons but I decided not to add those. I got it from 123stitch. Here's the link for it. It really was a fun one to work on. :) http://www.123stitch.com/item/Stoney-Creek-Collection-Paradise-Banner-Cross-Stitch-Pattern/13-1109

      Delete
  5. Wonderful stash enhancement!!! Paradise looks beautiful! All your works are very pretty. Send some rain our way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely stash and wish we had something like that in Canada. What beautiful stitching. We are getting lots of rain today.

    Marl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I wish that the UK did things like that. Our charity shops etc are full of boring things - nothing as useful as stash enhancement.
    I LOVE Paradise, and will have to investigate 123 stitch soon as my wishlist there will be growing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New stash and great deals...woohoo! Great stitching, too. Hope the rsin ends soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)