Followers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Awards, old stitching, new stitching, gardens, snowmen and cheese curds



I received this award from Kim. Thank you! Its exciting to receive awards like this!

The rules of the award are:
1. The winner can put the logo on her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve nominated.

Lainey
Mercy
Barb
Katie
Dawn
Vickie
Amber (who needs to update!)

Last week on one of my yahoo groups someone asked how many pieces we had done that had never been finished into something. I said just please don't ask how many UFOs (unfinished pieces) we had. So of course, someone asked me. I decided to go through all my tote bags, boxes, etc and see just how many unfinished ones I did have. I didn't count. Let's just say I have waaaaaay too many and I need to concentrate on finishing some of them. While I was looking I came across 2 round robins that I had returned to me. I had forgotten about them. It was nice to find them because I had quite a few that were never retuned. :o( Here are the 2 I did get back.


The Christmas lights one went all the way to Jerusalem! I need to do a bit of finishing on that one as you can see.
Speaking of RRs. I just received my newest one back finished. :o) My RR was LK's Halloween Highway (I think....) I loved how they turned out.

Thanks a bunch to Kristi, Cherie and Jana for stitching on it. The Halloween fabric is arriving in the stores so I can't wait to go and pick some to make small tuck pillows for the back of the couch. :o)
Our garden is finally producing and boy is it! We are getting over run with cucumbers and tomatoes! That's ok though. They are yummy! This is what was sitting on my counter today. And we've been sharing! :o)

On Sunday Jerry, Amy and I went to the annual chicken BBQ and craft show that they have in our town every August. We didn't eat any of the chicken dinner but we enjoyed walking around the craft show. Each year, even if I can't afford anything else, I look for 1 snowman to add to my collection. I look through all the places first and then go back for the one I want. I found several at the same place this year but only bought one. (I did ask, and found out these people will be in in Belvedere, IL for a craft show, in Nov. I think, though so maybe I can get the others. :O) Here was this year's newest addition:

Here are a few pics of the craft show. I couldn't get any good ones without people looking at me strangly. It's pretty big, over 100 crafters. And it was more crowded than these pics make it look. It's spread out and most people were coming in from the other side. The best part is when we leave we stop at the 4-H tent and get deep fried cheese curds. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm......that's the REAL reason we go. :o)




Well, I think that's all I needed to update on. Until next time. Thanks for visiting.
{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

6 comments:

  1. Love your stitched pieces. My favorites are the alphabet with the row of cats at the bottom and the LK Halloween Highway designs. Your tomatoes look so yummy!!!
    Barb in TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That craft fair looks like fun! Reminds me of a few I've been to over the years! Makes me wish I was going back to Cranberry Fest in Warrens this year, but I'm' missing it this time...

    KP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, wow you have a lot in your blog sence last time I was there. Your new snowman is very cute and the veggies look so good! You need to count your UFOs and let me know how many you really have. LOL!
    Debra in Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are nice pieces, Elaine. :) The LK pieces are really cute. I've never seen those before.

    The craft fair sounds like it was a lot of fun, and the veggies look yummy. Can't wait for mine to come in faster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The craft fair is great, we have to wait until Novemebr for one around here. I absolutley adore the snowman ornament. My MIL collects snowme as well and every year I give her a new snowman for Christmas. Your tomatoes are making me crave a tomato sandwich, yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the three RR , thanks for the award & I love the funnel cakes they often have at fairs. Glda you all had a good time. The snowman is just to cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)