Followers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Overdue Stitching Update & Louie's Birthday

Last time I posted I was planning on adding some pictures of my recent stitching finishes. Blogger must have been having problems because my pictures wouldn't post and I saw a few people on Yahoo groups mention the same problem.

I have had several small finishes lately. One of them is a small finished exchange for Sarah in the UK. I sent her exchange about 2 months ago and it still hasn't reached her. Since I had proof that I sent it, I didn't have to send another one but I felt bad that she never received it. The first stitched piece was attached to a small wood box, which was a mistake on my part. I forgot that Sarah lived across the pond and it cost over $10 to send it! I figure it's being held up in customs over there. (they probably smelled the varnish coming from the package and wondered what it was. :op ) Here is her replacement SFE. I actually like the way this one turned out better. :o)


As long as I was finishing Sarah's SFE in the way that I did, I decided I would finish another one I had waiting the same way. It was supposed to be finished as a flat fold along with some other ladies on ILCS. I had all the finishing materials but never had a chance to get it finished. I didn't exactly make a flat fold, or even a pin keep but it's close. :o) I used all my materials that I bought for the flat fold. That should count for something, right?


Two other finishes I had were block swap blocks. I was only planning on doing August (theme is 'Fun in the Sun') but found a chart I liked for September (theme is 'Fall or Bats') so I stitched that one too. :o)Hopefully whoever receives them will like them :o)


My last and most recent finish is my August ornament. I saw it stitched last month (I think by Eva??) and really liked it. I stitched it with a varigated green floss but it's hard to see the variations.


Today we had a small party for Little Louie. He turns 6 years old tomorrow! We went to Amy & Louie's house for cake & ice cream. I have made all his cakes since his first birthday. Amy asked me to make it this year but I just didn't feel up to doing it. I offered to buy him a cute one from Wal-mart instead. We had one of their cakes for Amber's shower so we knew they were good. I was thinking about why I didn't feel like making it later in the evening after Amy asked me. I realized that for the last 2 years when I was making it, I had our dear Angie on IM and was updating her with pics as the decorating process went on. I was decorating and she was stitching and encouaging me when I was ready to go into sugar shock from all the frosting colors. It would have felt like something was missing this year. :o( Maybe next year. :op
Anyway, like I said, we just had a small get together. It was me, Jerry, Josh, Emma (we took her with us because Louie wanted her to come too), Amber & Nate. The 2 kids played for a bit and then we had the cake & ice cream and Louie opened his presents. He already got his bike from us so he didn't get one from us today. :o) He received a new bike helmet, Spongebob Life (played this with Emma and it's actually pretty fun), Clue Jr and Monopoly Jr. He got his gift from his mom & dad early too, a bean bag chair. :o) Here are some pics:








On Friday we took Louie to the Discovery Center. I promised my sister-in-law Anna that I would get some pics on here. It's her favorite place to take her girls. Their trip was what made us think to take Louie there. I promise that in my next blog update (hopefully tomorrow) I will add some pics from there. The problem is that it was so fun that I have over 100 pictures! I need to go through them and find some to post. (I want to post them all!) Maybe I will make a slideshow with some of them (I promise, not all of them!) So look for another update real soon!

Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday I will have Emma here while her dad works on his brother's house. I think Punkin misses her. Punkin usually won't let Emma touch her but she's been meowing and slept on Emma's bed yesterday. :o( Tomorrow she'll be back to her stuck-up self. :op
{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

4 comments:

  1. very nice update Elaine! Love the exchange pieces you did. Sure hope Sarah gets hers this time!
    The birthday party looks like a lot of fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Finishes Elaine! Looks like a great party. Happy birthday to Louie! Gosh cant believe he is 6 already! Thanks for allowing us to watch him grow up!

    ~Kim~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Louie had a wonderful birthday Elaine!

    Catch up with you soon.

    Hugs
    Lainey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes, Elaine! And what a fun bday party.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)