Before I begin what would be a normal blog entry, I want to wish my sister Jeanet a Happy Birthday up there in Heaven. Jeanet would have been 57 today. She lost a battle with lymphoma 13 (I think) years ago next month. I've been thinking about you all day Jeanet! :o)
I've tried several times to upload some stitching pics here but I keep getting an error message. I'll try to post the pics later or tomorrow. In the meantime, let me tell you a stoy about a mouse.......
This all happened over about a 3 day time period. I was in the breezeway (connects the house and the garage) and thought I saw something move near one of the boxes in there. I told Jerry I thought we had a mouse but I don't think he believed me. Well, a few nights ago when he was at work I heard scratching on the wall in the dining room that is also the breezeway wall. I started looking all over for some mouse traps that I knew we had somewhere. I didn't find them anywhere so I thought maybe Jerry had put them in the breezeway....great..... I didn't want the thing to chew through the wall (realized later that wall is covered by the steel siding) and get into the house so I grabbed the phone (because it was the closest thing to me) and went into the breezeway. I turned on the light first hoping that would scare whatever it was. Then I kept tapping on the phone to make noise to scare whatever it was. (yeah, I'm real brave) I didn't find the traps so I had to wait about 3 hous for Jerry to get home. I asked him where the traps were and he said "under the sink". You know, the only place I DIDN'T look! So I got one out and put a few little pieces of Kraft singles cheese on it. I went in the breezeway (after turning on the light and making some noise)and set the trap down. When we went to bed, it was still there and baited. Now, if these little mice were outside, I wouldn't harm them at all. But this was getting too close for comfort. This is my house and I'm not sharing it with a mouse! The next morning we got up and Jerry went out to get the paper. I asked him if there was a mouse in the trap. He said "Uh, no. The trap is gone". We looked (without moving boxes) and didn't see it anywhere. Great, it crawled off somewhere and died and now it's gonna stink! I informed Jerry that he would have to find it. He said "Yeah, I know. I'll do it later." Well, he had to go to work before he got to it so we set another trap with cheese. When he came home the trap was still there, but the cheese was gone! Somehow the Mouse (?????) had gotten the cheese off without springing the trap! And the traps are really touchy. By then I'm wondering exactly what we're dealing with. Josh told me to use peanut butter because it smells more and they would be sure to go for it. I thought "and they can't take it and run"! So I smeared some PB on it and set it back out. The next morning (Sunday) we had a mouse! Cute as he might be, I couldn't feel sorry for him. Jerry threw him away, trap and all. Yea, we got him! Easier than the squirrels in the garage. So Sunday night me and Jerry were sitting here watching TV when all of a sudden we both look at each other for confirmation. Yep, scratching! I'm thinking "Oh no! Not another one!" So out we went with the PB baited trap. This morning Jerry went to look and said "The trap is gone again" Arrrrggggg! What is going on here? He moved some stuff and found it, complete with a furry grey body attached. He also found the other missing trap which was empty. So, hopefully we only had 2 of them. I have 1 more trap here and I'm hoping that when it gets dark in a little bit that I don't hear any more scratching sounds. Wish me luck!
{{{{{Hugs}}}}}
Two finishes for October!
9 years ago
















































No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)