Last Sunday Amy, Louie, Louie, Jerry, Josh and I visited a new pumpkin farm that Tracey had told us about. Someone had told her about it at one of the kids soccer games. It's The Pumpkin Patch in Caledonia, Illinois. It's only a 40 minute drive from here and it takes us about 30 minutes to get to the one we usually go to. This one charged $2 to get in but it was totally worth it. The kids also had to have tickets for the pony ride and bouncy houses but there was a lot of stuff that was free like the petting zoo. We bought $15 worth of tickets (22 tickets) and Louie did most of the stuff. His favorite was the pony rides. He's been on a horse kick lately so when he found out he got to ride a real one he was pretty excited. :o) We weren't planning on eating there but the stuff looked so good we gave in. Josh had the chili w/cheese bread bowl, Jerry had a chili cheese dog and I had a cheese dog minus the dog. I gave the hot dog to Jerry and filled my bun with jalapeno peppers, onions and the cheese sauce that was in there already. Mmmmmm....... We also bought some of the apple cider & pumpkin donuts. They were both really good but I didn't care for the frosting on the pumpkin ones. The other pumpkin farm doesn't put it on. I'm not sure what Amy, Louie & Louie ate because they didn't sit with us. It was pretty crowded. They did find a spot by the fire pit. It was nice & warm there. It was a pretty chilly day and really windy which didn't help. Better than 80 degrees though. I just can't get into pumpkins when it's hot out. :o)
Little Louie, Louie & Josh tried a pumpkin launch. Little Louie's was with smaller pumpkins and an easier slingshot. Josh actually tried twice. The first one was wimpy so he did it again. :o) And Big Louie.....well, watch the slideshow. :o) And see the picture of Little Louie going in a tunnel with a red chicken on the front? Jerry went through it too and we didn't realize till he had to literally crawl out the other side that it got smaller the further you went! Lol! Too funny. Wish I would have had the camera ready. :o) It was a really fun day. We were there about 2-3 hours I think. We will have to go back next year to stand Louie by the sign to see how much he's grown.
I have been doing a little stitching.....very little actually. I've been trying to keep up on emails (I have about 400 to read tonight!) and have been doing a little reading. I have decided that my sister probably won't get her Gourmet ABC for Christmas but maybe for her birthday in April. :o) Hopefully I will get a few other Christmas gifts stitched though. :o)
I did finish my October ornament and decided to use this one for an ornament exchange on one of my Yahoo groups. So even though I have stitched an ornament each month, this is the only one actually finished into an ornament. :op Oh, I also used my new Crop-a-dile on it! It works great! Thanks Meari for convincing me to buy one. I will post more about that another time. If I don't forget again. :op
Another finish I had wasn't actually a stitching finish this year. Last year I stitched 2 older SanMan (message board) freebie designs and planned on putting them on a trick or treat bag for Little Louie. Well, they got stitched and on Halloween Amy asked me if it was done and I realized that I forgot to sew them on the bag. So the other day she asked me if it was done yet. I had to find it first and then finished it. So he has it to use this year. :o)
I received 2 more SFEs in the mail recently. One came from Vickie. I was a bit disappointed when I opened this one because 2 of the flowers were broken. :o( I wish Vickie would have wrapped it in bubble wrap. The post office isn't too gentle with packages. This one was just in a manila envelope with no padding. :o( I am going to try to glue the pieces back on if I can figure out where they go.
My other SFE came yesterday from Kim. I really like the finishing with the wire hanger and fabric tie. I might have to use this one for some ornaments. :o)
Well, I think that's all for now. Probably not but that's all that's getting posted tonight so I can make some dinner. And then try to read all those emails......
Hugs to everyone! Thanks for visiting. :o)
Elaine
















































Love your slideshow! Great pics! Looks like you guys had a great time! I love your ornament and your tote. Great stitchings!
ReplyDeleteThat was great you all sure looked like you were having a great time. And I love the cardinal ornament. I too am busy with ornaments for exchanges.
ReplyDeleteI've always heard good things about the PP. Glad you had a good time.
ReplyDeleteYour finishes turned out great, and that you like the crop-a-dile. :)
What cute stitching - not to mention a fabulous trip to the pumpkin farm! :D
ReplyDeleteLove The slide show..Makes me wish we had a pumpkin patch here. Sounds as though you all had a great time. Love all the finishes too. Sent you anouther blog invite for CSF blog.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun for the family. What a great place to go. The slide show was great. Congrats on your finishing cute ornament and great bags.
ReplyDeleteDebra in Indiana
the stitching looks great Elaine & I would LOVE to visit the pumpkin farm. Oh, how fun!!! Thanks for sharing with us!
ReplyDeleteThe slide show was great!!! Looks like you all had a great time. Your Ornament is beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing. Betty in AZ (ILCS)
ReplyDeleteGreat stitching and finishing, Elaine.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the slide show, thanks for sharing.
Wow, what a great Pumpkin Farm you visited. There's nothing cool like that down here, but that's probably because we don't really have the wonderful fall weather like ya'll have. ;-( Glad you had a great time there. And I love your trick or treat bag.
ReplyDeleteBarb in TX
I am going to have to get me a crop a dile! I love the way it works for ornaments.
ReplyDeleteYour cardinal is cute, and your bag is fabulous!!