I was tagged by Debra, Beth and Kathy to share six things about me.
The rules are as follows:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.
So, here are six random things about myself:
1. Jerry and I have been happily married for over 28 years despite the fact we only went on 2 dates.
2. My all-time favorite tv show that I can watch over and over is Little House on the Prairie.
3. My favorite author is Debbie Macomber and I plan to read every book she has ever written.
4. I don't eat meat.
5. I can't wait for ABC Family channel's '25 Days of Christmas' to start.
6. I have 4 (1-foot tall) piles of magazines to read on my coffee table because all my free time is spent stitching, on the computer or reading a book. (so embarassing!)
I'm not going to tag anyone because I know a lot of you have already been tagged. If you want to post it on your blog, consider yourself tagged by me. :o)
I have made some progress on Amber's wedding piece. The outside parts are done in 1 strand so it looks really delicate. It's a nice piece to work on because the colors are so peaceful.
I took a break from the wedding piece for a while and this week I have been stitching on Amy's kitchen piece. This is the 3rd of a 4 piece grouping. I think I've been working on this for a few years now. You can see the finished ones here annnnnnnd....I can't find a picture of the other one so I'll have to post it another time. :op Here's the one I'm working on
There's a possibility that Amber might read my blog and see her piece but chances are that Amy won't because she only reads it when I tell her to. :op What a kid, huh? Not even interested in what's going on in Mom's life. :o) If either of you girls do read this, be sure to comment and let me know how you like your stuff. :o)
PBS~PaperBackSwap is a website I found out about through Kim's blog. When you sign up, you register a minimum of 10 books that you want to get rid of. For those, you get to choose 2 books to be sent to you. They have thousands! You can register as many books as you want. When someone wants one of your books you get an email. There is a link to print out a wrapper. It is printed on 2 sheets of regular computer paper. Their name and address and yours are already printed on there. You can either have an account there for postage or, like me, just take it to the post office for mailing. It costs a little over $2 to mail a regular paperback. For each book you mail out to another person, you get to choose another one. Jerry has received 2 books and I have received 1 so far. His books were most of the first ones we added so he got the first choices. :o) If you join and want to add me as a buddy my nickname is MoreBooksToRead.
Today the weather wasn't too bad as far as temperatures. It got into the 40s. It was rainy though and has been for the last few days and will be for a few more. I just want to sleep. :op I need sun! Monday and Tuesday were crazy cold! When I took Emma to school those 2 mornings it was about 23 degrees! It might not be so bad if we went down gradually but going from 70s one week to 20s the next?? There was a wind and it hurt my face. I've been thinking about Little Louie. He is walking a few blocks to school now because his dad is doing crossing guard. He walks from the corner his dad is at to the school and back after school. I felt so bad that he had to walk in the rain and cold. :o(
Well, time to get to bed......maybe.....after I read some. I'm reading the 2nd story in Small Town Christmas by, who else, Debbie Macomber.

{{{{{Hugs to All}}}}}
















































Great progress on both your pieces.
ReplyDeleteThey're looking lovely:)
Both pieces are looking good. I love the soft colors on the wedding one.
ReplyDeleteNice progress.
ReplyDeleteDebra in Indiana
The pieces you are working on for your daughters are really looking good. If they don't like them, you can send them my way! LOL!!
ReplyDeleteElaine,
ReplyDeleteI have one of her Series, starting with 16 Lighthouse something? Have you read these? If not, I'd be happy to send them to you. Just let me know!
Hugs,
Beth