Ok,I had this blog post almost finished when my internet explorer decided it needed to close. :op I'm gonna try one more time.
I finally had a finish last night! I watched 'Where the Heart Is' which is one of my favorite movies and finished 'Home of a Needleworker, Too' by Little House Needleworks. I absolutely love how it turned out. I can't wait to get it in a frame and on the wall. Now I just have to find a place for it. :o) I told Jerry I was gonna take his large mouth bass off the wall and hang it there and got a dirty look. :o) I was so close to having this done when I broke my wrist. I would look at it every day knowing there was no way I could work on it. I did do a little a few weeks ago but paid for it all weekend. I think I was afraid to try again. My wrist was pretty sore last night but it was worth it. Now I want to stitch, stitch, stitch but I know I need to get back into it slowly.
When Amy and her family went to Disney World last month I asked her to look for the Disney xstitch kits they only sell at the Disney parks. She brought this one home for me. It's 'Past, Present and Forever' and shows Mickey walking with Walt Disney to Cinderella's Castle. There is a ton of floss! I'm hoping the fabric is a decent size so I can use it instead of swapping it out. I love the color!
Last Thursday I had an appointment with the surgeon that fixed my wrist. From the measurements of how far I can bend my wrist (back, forward and side to side) and my grip strength he said I am a little ahead of schedule. Yeah! It is still pretty stiff but doesn't usually hurt anymore. Well unless I forget and bend it too far or pick up something heavy. :op Tomorrow will be 8 weeks since the surgery.
Well, I'm going to get this posted before it decides to go off on me again. I hope all the Mothers and Mothers-to-be have a wonderful day! The sun is shining and it's 59 degrees at 1:00pm so it's pretty nice.
Hugs, Elaine
















































Great to hear your wrist is healing nicely! Your finish is also great!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear your wrist is healing well. Congrats on a beautiful finish. I do love that one too and sure will add to my wishlist.
ReplyDeleteYour finish looks great! I know you are glad it's finally done. :) That kit is gorgeous!! I love "Where the Heart Is" too. :) I want to read the book. Hope you had a great Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteLooks lovely - love the kit from Disney and glad your wrist is healing!
ReplyDeleteWooHoo!! Congrats on your beautiful finish! LOVE your Disney kit!
ReplyDeleteHope your wrist continues to feel better:)
love your finish! glad the wrist let you finish it up :)
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a fun Disney chart!
Glad your wrist is healing up well! I can imagine how frustrating it is not being able to stitch. Congrats on your finish!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your finish it is very nice and so is the kit. When do you plan to start it? Glad to hear that your wrist is healing well.
ReplyDeleteDLS
I am so happy for you!!! Have you ever had to go without stitching for that long before?
ReplyDeleteI am in love with that Disney kit! I cannot wait to see it when you are done - are you done yet? hehe
I am still looking for fabby for my 12 blessings of christmas. have a bit of money coming in a bit and hope to use that on a sparkly darker fabby (thanks for warning me about the light colors, i probably wouldn't have noticed until i stitched it)