Followers

Monday, August 20, 2007

2 Finishes this weekend!



I stitched the weekend away and had 2 finishes. On Friday I received the Good Things chart and couldn't wait to get started. I pulled the threads si I couls decide what color fabric to stitch it on. I found some blue that I hand dyed a few months ago and it looked pretty good with the threads. I stitched the chart using DMC threads instead of the varigated it calls for. Unfortunately the 2 darker pinks that they suggest for DMC are way too close to the same color. It wasn't too bad until I went to stitch the flowers. The middle of the flowers are one of the dk pinks and one of the fowers is the other dk pink. It would have looked like the flower was all one color and I knew it would keep bugging me to look at tit that way. Sooooooo....I stitched the stems and leaves and filled the rest in with the yellow. Then I went to JoAnn Fabrics and found the perfect buttons! I don't know if you can see it in the picture but the buttons sort of change color depending on how you look at them. The blue one has a green in it and the pink one has a yellow in it. They really look good. I'm happy with the result. :o)


I also finished my March Bit. I didn;t know if I would get this stitched this weekend because I also ripped out all the 712 borders and the snowman and restitched them in B5200. The 712 was getting lost on my fabric. I think the white shows up a lot better. :o) Another thing that would have drove me nuts if I left it. I'm thnking about starting a Halloween piece now. I wanted to start it today but since I stitched all weekend, I had to clean. :op Dishes (No, no dishwasher), laundry, bathroom etc... I just want to sit and stitch now. Maybe I will. I am off all week from the kids again so I can clean tomorrow, right? Anyway, since all it seems to be doing here is rain, rain, quack, I mean rain there's not much else to do.
Oh , on Saturday I got my Netflix movie in the mail and was all set to sit down and watch 'Are We Done Yet' and when I opened it I had a stupid Pro wrestling dvd! I was so mad! If they were gonna mess up at least they could have sent something I wanted to see anyway! But I did chuckle when I thought of some guy inviting all his buddies over to watch wrestling on Saturday night and finding out instead he had a nice family movie! Lol!


{{{{{Hugs, }}}}}

8 comments:

  1. You were really busy this weekend! I love the buttons - great choice.

    March is cute, can't wait to see the rest.

    Enjoy the kid free time - I vote for stitching over cleaning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your finishes looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both. The buttons on the flowers was areally good idea. Are you a member of CSF? My mind is blank right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both finishes look great!! Wish I was caught up with the Bits piece..but I just can't stitch right now!! UGH!! hopefully by Friday I can stitch on the March piece and start on April.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous is Angie!! For the post above!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, you must be using all my stitching time wisely! Thank God someone is taking advantage of it.. KIDDING!

    My goodness woman - you are just stitching up a storm!! Congrats on your finishes.

    Sorry to hear about the movie mixup - I would be spitting nails too!

    ~Kim~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elaine! great job on L*K Good Things, love those flower buttons. Also the L*K march bit looks great, keep up the good work and dont forget to post a pic of Good Things on our CSF SAL blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)