
I finished stitching my owl ornament a few days ago but just made it into an ornament yesterday. This is another new finishing technique for me. I've never tried this one before. I like the way it turned out. The cording is from a spool I got a few years ago at an after Christmas sale. I think I only paid about $1 for the whole thing. This is the first time I've used it. I always thought the cording had to be sewn on till I heard someone mention that they hot glued it on. :o) I don't have anything against sewing but the hot glue is a lot quicker! :o) I would much rather do the stitching than the finishing. That's why I still have stuff here that needs finishing. :op
I haven't worked much on Spice Tea. The last few days have been way too busy. Today Angie and I are starting another SAL using the new LK Bits. My first time stitching on Silkweavers hand dyed fabric! I ordered Cinnamon Roll to stitch the Bits on. I can't wait to get started! Not till all these kids leave though.
Today is Josh's 21st birthday. I can't believe my baby is that old! It's also Jerry's mom & dad's anniversary. I think it's their 50th. :o)
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
{{{{{Hugs}}}}}
















































The owl ornament is FANTASTIC!!! YAY!! Congratulations of the wonderful finish.
ReplyDeleteYour owl ornament turned out fantastic. Kudos on a great finish. I fed your blog pet a stawberry. :-)
ReplyDeleteBarb in TX
Now I am going to copy one of your finishes :) I really like it. I also fet your pet a strawberry, it will be huge at this rate LOL!!
ReplyDeleteYour ornament is really cute. I'm one of those who prefer sewing my cording on. I only use glue as a last resort. :) I'm glad it worked out for you. It looks great!
ReplyDelete