Well, I picked up my stuff at the fair last night and was disappointed by the judge's comment on another one of my stitching things. It's this pic with the snowman. She wrote "Too much- using a white frame Try different colors & matte the picture". (and she spelled mat wrong, not me) First- I think it looks really good in the white frame and so did everyone I showed it to. Everyone thought it really brought the snow out of the picture. Second- It's in a 8x10 frame and I couldn't use a 5x7 mat because the stitching is a little bigger than that. Third- I can't afford to have my stitching professionally framed so I do the best I can myself. Fourth-Is it a stitching competition or a framing competition??????? I think I'm going to call the fairgrounds later in the week and ask them about it. If they are going to place that much emphasis on the framing I might not enter anymore. I'm also going to make sure they know that their judge needs to know the rules and catagories. My big pic (for anyone that didn't already know) was originally disqualified because she wrote it was supposed to be 8x10 when actually the catagory was LARGER than 8x10. I asked about that one and they noticed the mistake.
Not much else to write right now. I just needed to vent a little. I didn't notice that on the tag until today. It got 3rd place and I don't think it was up against anything. :o(
{{{{Hugs}}}}
















































Aww so sorry to hear the news. Thats another reason I stay away from entering fairs.
ReplyDelete~Kim~
I think it is so sweet and I love the white frame.
ReplyDeleteI like it - no matter what the judge says. I've never entered a fair and not sure I'd want to either. I also can't afford to have my work professionally finished & wouldn't want to be unfairly judged because of that.
ReplyDeleteBarb in TX
I like the white frame. I agree that the stitching should be judged, not the framing. I thought it was the work you did, not how it was presented. That would hack me off too!!
ReplyDelete