Followers

Monday, July 23, 2007

Ornaments!


Yep, it's warm out and I'm thinking Christmas. :o) These ornaments are from the freebie charts I found the other day. I told you they were quick to stitch! I just finished making the last one about an hour ago. I stole the finishing technique from Glenda. (thanks for the idea Glenda!) I think they turned out pretty cute. :o) Now I just have to finish my owl ornament. On Wednesday I am starting a stitch-a-long with Angie. We will work on that one only on Wednesdays. On Friday we are starting another SAL using LK's Bits, if I get my fabric on time. I broke down and ordered a hand dyed piece from Silkweavers. This will be my first experience with their fabric. From what I hear it's fabulous. I can't wait to get it!

This morning we had the guy here to fix our central air. The air was coming through the vents but the fan on the unit outside wasn't going. We were afraid it would overheat. It only took him about 30 minutes including running back to the shop for the right part. They charge in 15 min increments so I told Jerry when the bill comes he better only charge for 15 min. Not our fault the part wasn't in the truck. :o} It shouldn't be too much. I just wanted it fixed before the 90's get here in a few days.

Not too much else going on. I'm on vacation this week from the kids. It's so quiet in here. :o) Ahhhhhh.......

Until next time!

{{{{Hugs}}}}

8 comments:

  1. WOW, those turned out AWESOME!! Congrats on the finishes!!

    ~Kim~

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very cute!! congrats on the finish ..

    sorry I haven't been ignorning you .. kept meaning to post my email address so you can ask questions .. michele11wa@yahoo.com ... ask away! although it looks like you got the blinkies working *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ornaments turned out soooo cute. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your ornaments turned out. Great work!!!
    Barb in TX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, thanks :)

    The finishing technique is just so simple and looks so cute you can't help but want to make some!
    I love the designs, you really did stitch them up fast! Congrats on the new ornaments ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those ornamentsi have started on any yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute. I just might steal this idea too haha. It's quick and something I think I could actually figure out haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They turned out GREAT! I love blackwork and have downloaded all the patterns, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)