Followers

Saturday, July 14, 2007







Ok...I'm gonna try and see if I can figure out how to add a photo to this blog. It sounds easy enough but sometimes that's the whole problem. I make it harder than it actually is.


If this works there will be 2 photos of my very first Biscornu, the front and the back. The ones that some of the ladies on my cross stitch list were making were so pretty so I had to try one myself. A Biscornu is described on one web site as a pincushion, ornament, scissor fob, etc. I guess it's whatever you want it to be. Mine will probably be a pin cushion to put my needle in when I set it down. Maybe I won't lose any more needles in the couch. :op I added a ribbon to it so I can tie it to my scissors if I want to. I made the chart smaller than it actually is because I didn't want mine as big as that one. I also just changed the design to make the back instead of making the front & back the same.


The third picture is a small design from Brittercup Designs that I finished a few nights ago. I got it as a kit when my LNS was closing for 60% off the regular $16.50 price. It came with the charm, 28 ct. Queen Ann's Lace hand dyed Jobelan fabric and the overdyed threads. It had directions to stitch either Brotherly Love, Sisterly Love, Best Buddies, Friends Forever or Together Forever. I added our wedding date to it.


Here goes.......






6 comments:

  1. Your biscornu is beautiful! I have only recently discovered britty kitty designs and deperately want to do one, but must wait until my 10 project challenge is over, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your biscornu. It's such a lovely color and design. I still haven't tried one. And absolutely love your britty kitty. Anything with cats is fantastic with me and britty kitty has really neat designs.
    Barb in TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start on your blog!! I just emailed you.. hope I was able to help you!

    ~Kim~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the britty Kitty and the biscorn. I've not tried a biscorn yet myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The biscornu turned out pretty. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your biscornu! I haven't done one yet .. soon :) Found your blog on Kim's blog .. I enjoyed it totally :) Hope you don't mind I'm going to steal your Iced Coffee pic .. love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so feel free to tell me what's on your mind. :)